“"Ladies who lunch" had a feast”

Iron Bridge Wine Company
Reserve with OpenTable
Iron Bridge Wine Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 265 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Really had a spectacular lunch today at Iron Bridge, Soft shell crabs were terrific, french fried made me go off my diet
My dining companion had scallops that were perfectly cooked
We split chicken liver mousse - I loved it and I don't always even eat liver spread.

Service was attentive. All in all, one of my best vista there ever

2  Thank JoanneLocke

Reviewed July 22, 2014

We visited Columbia, Maryland this past weekend. Got stuck in miserable traffic on I95 coming up from the south so we did not get to our hotel until 8:30 pm on Saturday night. We managed to get 9:30 pm dinner reservations and were hungry and tired. We were very pleasantly surprised with the experience. The place is very small. It was fun looking at all of the wine bottles that line the walls of the restaurant. Our party of four had the trout, veal chop (x2) and the beef shoulder. We had two excellent bottles of wine. Service and food were excellent as well. It is definitely worth a return visit!

1  Thank happilydisplaced
Reviewed July 20, 2014

This was a family meal to celebrate my wife's birthday. We started off with appetizers of escargot which were simply amazing. The selection of Virginia foods and wines was very impressive. Everyone had something different from the menu, so we were able to really to sample a little bit of everything.
The meatloaf is so unique, bursting with a sweet flavor, but also includes a gravy that works perfectly with this meatloaf. It is paired with homemade mashed potatoes and asparagus that rounds off the meal well.
The lobster macaroni and cheese is a great flavor and is a wonderful meal, just wish it was a little bit larger.
This restaurant is a great place to visit and has a great atmosphere.

1  Thank Ray D
Reviewed July 18, 2014

We do not understand their idea of service. It seems that no matter when we call for a reservation they are booked. Yet when we walk in there are plenty of tables available. We call a day or two in advance and it's always the same story.
Much of the food is good, yet when something is left on the plate they never ask about it, they just stare at it. Yes, the potatoes are over-seasoned and undercooked. They will not ask how dinner was if there is a chance they will not like the answer. We are done with them.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

Dropped in this small, local Warrenton dining establishment for All You Can Eat Mussels last Monday night at 14.95 with warm bread and truffle fries. The mussels were small but tasty and the pleasant server was very nice and I got the feeling that we could sip wine and eat mussels all night without pressure to leave or turn the table. I was delighted with the variety of three white wines described as ABC on the menu. It was a variety of 3 white wines that were designated as NOT Chardonnay. The sommelier knows his wine and the cost was 16 dollars for three glasses served at one seating. A bottle of the Riesling I preferred was thirty with a twenty percent discount that evening and I could take it to go from the establishment. I went back for the Cobb Salad with fresh local ingredients, but opted for the reuben sandwich with side salad of greens and fries because they really are crispy, and flavorful cooked in truffle oil. The lunch was ten dollars total minus gratuity and the service again delightful. The tables are close together and my neighbors raved about the burgers with the cheese on the inside. They asked the server about the angus beef and he stated that he was pretty sure that the beef is from Ayreshire Farms who also provides organic products to other well known foodie restaurants for organic meals Hunters Head and Noras. The place is small and maybe it would be a good idea to make reservations during peak times or with parties of four or more person and special occasions. If there is no table the bar area is lovely and a great alternative. There are also two tables in the windows looking out on Main Street for voyeurs of small town USA.