“Excellent”

Iron Bridge Wine Company
Reserve with OpenTable
Iron Bridge Wine Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 277 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Service, food and ambience perfectly well combined for an outstanding dinner. Very recommendable. Ask for the puddin for a dessert!

Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

I have been to this place three times now and have had the same wonderful experience. The staff is well versed on the menu and wines, they are also very polite. I have read the negative reviews and I have to say I have no idea what they are talking about. I think everyone should visit this restaurant. If you have a problem the owners are always present, speak with them.

3  Thank imrennockl
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Last evening my husband and I went to the Iron Bridge for their All-You-Can-East Mussel Monday.
They have mussels w/3 different sauces. Only one, lobster cream, was worth it. We ordered a bottle of very overpriced wine - a Bordeux. We also ordered one dessert to share. My "Happy Birthday" gift certificate which was $20 off of any one item, couldn't be used on the mussels, because they were a "special", couldn't be used on alcohol, so it wound up be less than half of what I thought it was worth. We have been to this restaurant on quite a few occasions and this time it was almost empty. Could it be because of the very overpriced wine/beer menu? Morale of the story: when restaurants send a birthday coupon, don't put so many restrictions on it. Would rather not get one at all.

2  Thank friendlyskies00
Reviewed June 17, 2014

The extended family settled on Warrenton as a good place to meet in the middle for Father's Day, and sister-in-law took the reins in making restaurant reservations -- causing my spidey sense to tingle (she tends to go for a certain type of place where the word "cute" gets used a lot). Spidey sense started screaming when the hostess led us into the downstairs into the cavern -- however, if you like stonework, I guess it was "cute". Anyway, long story short -- between the six of us, we had five different entrees -- and there were no leftovers. My wife truly enjoyed the broiled salmon, my mother-in-law ate all her lobster pasta with gusto, father-in-law and brother-in-law had the hanger steak -- everything was cooked correctly and delicious (not sure what sis-in-law had -- duck?) . Me? The shepherds pie -- not something I would normally pick, but I'm glad I did (and would have it again, if we find ourselves back in Warrenton in the future).

We all had the red velvet cake for dessert (shared between couples), and I absolutely think you should order this first thing if it is available so to be sure they don't run out before the end of the meal. Locally made, fresh, and delicious -- mouth watering just thinking about it.

Service was good -- James was VERY patient with us when we took our time in ordering, and when sis-in-law insisted on lingering at the end (should there ever be an Olympic category for "lingering", she'll own the gold).

So -- why 4 instead of 5 meatballs? The wine selection was somewhat limited, particularly for a restaurant which emphasizes wine. It's not bad, but could use some more choices -- particularly in the whites, which is what my wife drinks (I'm gradually expanding her repertoire to the less-tannic reds).

Oh, and one more thing (not a factor in my rating) -- parking...be careful not to park in front of the post office. Parking limited to 5 minutes for official business -- even on a Saturday evening -- and they DO ticket (my brother-in-law got nailed).

So, in short -- well worth the trip from Fred-burg or northern Virginia -- and made for a very pleasant and enjoyable evening with the family.

4  Thank cjackson27
Reviewed June 16, 2014

The staff is rude and uninterested in answering any questions or being particularly helpful. Additionally, if you go between lunch and dinner, they only serve cold items. We had to practically beg for them to bring us an appetizer - calamari (just drop it in the fryer!!!!). I also had mussels here and was not impressed. The only thing worth going for is the drink menu.

2  Thank ejonesy4