“Always Excellent Food, Wine, & Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iron Bridge Wine Company

Iron Bridge Wine Company
Reserve with OpenTable
Iron Bridge Wine Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 251 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar, Gluten Free Options, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Baltimore-Washington, DC
“Always Excellent Food, Wine, & Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We have dined here often and have never had anything less than an excellent experience. The menu selections provide a wonderful variety from which to choose, the advice of the serving staff on wine selections with the meal have always been spot on and their signature bread puddings always a perfect choice for dessert. This is a justifiably popular place, on weekends especially, so book well in advance.

• Korean first
Houston, Texas
“A Rare Gem, worth the trip or the detour...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

On the way South from Washington, DC, slightly off the Interstates, lies Warrenton, Virginia and the Iron Bridge Wine Company, which is actually a charming and delightful restaurant in downtown historic Warrenton. It has two stories, and we do suggest the 2nd floor, and if the weather is nice, they have a lovely rear terrace open to the blue Virginia sky. They even had Moules, (Mussels) and they have a Mussel Monday, lots of versions and great prices. Also they do feature some fine Virginia Wines and the offer Flights of those wines, a small glass (4 Oz?) of each wine, 5-6 wines in a flight and very reasonable... Super menu, exceptional service, reasonable prices! Worth the trip or the detour, about 90 minutes South of DC. We stopped there on the way to The Homestead in Hot Springs and we will return~ It was a high point of our trip.

1 Thank Hunter T
Orlean, Virginia
“Food: Great; Service: Okay; Price: A Bit Much”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I've been to Iron Bridge five times in the past couple of years. Prior to my most recent visit, I had a great (maybe even a fantastic) luncheon there. I like Iron Bridge!

This time, my spouse, my father and I went for dinner. Though not crowded, it took a while for our server to bring drinks and bread. Then, it became a rush. We were hurried to order and then forgotten until dinner was served. Ugh!

Entree prices seemed about $5 more per dish for similar offerings in other comparable restaurants in the area. The food certainly was well-prepared & tasty, but when combined with the price of a glass of average wine, $9-$12, it becomes almost too pricey for the experience we had.

For a venue like Iron Bridge, the wait staff makes or breaks the experience, in my opinion. So, when service doesn't match the food or its cost, I'm a bit disappointed.

I'll be happy to go back and try again, but next time promise must meet performance to achieve the same overall review.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
Washington DC
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food, Great Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

My boyfriend and I recently had dinner at the Iron Bridge Wine Co. We had never been to Warrenton before and chose this place on a whim. We were pleasantly surprised. The meatloaf dish was amazing and we thoroughly enjoyed both of the "mystery wines" we tasted. Our waiter was helpful and knowledgeable able the menu. He was happy to chat but didnt linger. We had such a fun evening here!

Warrenton, Virginia
“Great Dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Lunch for 4 with dear friends. Class A service and food: lots of great choices, prepared fresh daily using many locally produced meat and produce. Scrumptious. Great environment to eat & converse. We all agreed that we need to come back and soon. Upon leaving I glanced back and first noticed the Zagat 2013 sticker. Next to it were the Iron Bridge's Zagat 2012, 2010, and 2009 stickers. I would drive 25 miles for this eating experience and here it is in the town where I live.

• Visited October 2013