“Quick service, good food” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 250 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American, Gluten Free
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Laurel, Maryland
“Quick service, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

Since this is a chain, I won't review the food but just this particular restaurant. I will say that I love the food there, though! Huge portions and good quality. The Sante Fe salad is my favorite (without the chicken since I'm vegetarian), and the sweet corn tamale cakes and avocado egg rolls are amazing as well. Lots to choose from, even if your vegetarian.

As crowded as this place can sometimes get, I don't usually have to wait long for a seat. Service is quick, professional and friendly. The restaurant is clean and well kept up. My only issue with this location is parking. It shares a parking lot with a mall so parking can be an issue. I end up parking pretty far away after searching for a spot for a while.

• Visited July 2014

Germantown, Maryland
“Dinner So So, Cheesecake Great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

My husband, son and I met my niece and her family at the Columbia Cheesecake Factory for dinner. We were surprised to find that the restaurant was very empty and we were seated immediately. In the past, we have always had to wait for service at other Cheesecake Factories. We ordered a variety of dishes. My niece ordered the fried catfish, her husband ordered the turkey burger, her teenage son ordered the mac and cheese burger, her daughters ordered sliders and mac and cheese from the kids menu, my son ordered a burger, my husband ordered fish and chips, and I ordered the fried shrimp platter. Everyone thought that their food was mediocre and the cheesecake was great, as expected. Personally, my shrimp tasted like they were from a frozen dinner food from the grocery store. I haven't been to the Cheesecake Factory and had meal that I could compliment. My recommendation is to go there for the cheesecake only.

• Visited July 2014
Columbia, Maryland
“Are they "falling off" on quality?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

My husband and I ate here on Sunday, August 10th. The best thing I can say is that there was no wait, inside or out, for dinner. When we arrived at our table, there were crumbs on the seat which needed to be brushed off before sitting down. Same for the person who sat at the table next to ours. Silverware wasn't the cleanest either and had to be sent back for replacement. Bread was rather dry and did not appear to be fresh. We ordered the crab and artichoke dip for an appetizer. It was mediocre at best. It actually tasted like warm tuna salad to me! For my entree, I ordered the fish tacos. I was disappointed. I've had them before three times (different locations besides this one) and this serving was not very appetizing. No sauce to put on them, just bland - fried fish on top of shredded cabbage with a few chopped tomatoes. There were rice and beans on the side. The rice didn't seem to go with the dish - no "mexican" flavor. More of a rice you'd service with baked chicken. My husband had his usual - the fried shrimp platter. His portion was plentiful. Nothing to complain about there - fried shrimp and french fries. Service was good as usual. I won't say I wouldn't return but if the food continues to "fall off", I'll have to take this off my list of restaurants. I can get mediocre food at a mediocre restaurant.

• Visited August 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars
baltimore
“Best Red Velvet Cheesecake”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

We stopped off for a salad and cheesecake during there half price cheesecake day. We sat outside and enjoyed the early evening. Salad was good, but the best part of the meal was the red velvet cheesecake. By the time we left there was a very long line for tables but even longer line for cheesecake take out. We put this on our calendar for next years 1/2 price day.

Winenchocolate dot com

Visited July 2014
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Food was delicious and service was fantastic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Celebrated a new friend's birthday there. Table was allocated within a few minutes. Food was delicious and overall service delivery was fantastic.