“Not really a wonder” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Melting Pot of Columbia

Melting Pot of Columbia
Reserve with OpenTable
Melting Pot of Columbia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #97 of 260 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Govenor Warfield Pkwy.
Washington DC
“Not really a wonder”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

Let me start saying that I might be spoiled and that may be the cause of what I will say. Went there on a Sunday evening 30min prior my reservation. Got inside and waited 5min until someone approached, that someone was the Manager of this place-who really seemed to care about everything. All the staff that I met there was really nice and friendly. Service is great. The atmosphere great for couples-it's romantic. And the worst I found was the food itself. Started with Swiss cheese fondue: not a good choice because of how it tasted. the second part with cooking the food is almost great and kind of fun but it's disappointing that the liquid used for cooking/boiling as I understood is used over and over by different guests-if i'm right then it's the worst part of this meal. The desserts are great but will not understand how can you get something sweet(let's say the cheesecake) and dip it in something that's sweet? the fruits are good but almost no variety and the chocolate used as fondue that assembled a Yin Yang had to be white and dark but it was all dark and some white to create the symbol. And at the end the prices are way too high.
It's unusual, it's a good experience that everyone has to try. But for me will be just a try.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Baltimore, Maryland
“One of Columbia's hidden wonders”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

A friend of mine was celebrating his girlfriend birthday and we (my girlfriend and I) were invited. This was our first time at a fondue restaurant and was a little skeptic. We had a wonderful server who explains the Manu in detail giving us her favorite and great suggestions. She even sang a happy birthday song in another language for my friend's girlfriend. It was so much fun. The food, wine and mix drinks are the best; the owner was very kind and frequently checks on us to see how we were doing. This is a really nice place to go on a date or office party. It is Fun Fun Fun. I will definitely be back.

• Visited August 2012
Bethesda, Maryland
“Tasty Fondue, Older Location, Good Happy Hour”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

Having gone to several, the food seems pretty consistant across the chain. Dinner here is a lot of food, so bring several to enjoy, or split a meal. This location is in a somewhat lonely location, in an older strip mall. They do have a great happy hour with half price cheese and chocolate fondu, and drink specials at the bar. For two people, I have found if you get a starter cheese fondue, it is more than enough to share one entree, unless you eat a lot. The Fiesta cheese fondue is a great way to start if you like spicy food- you can make as spicy as you want with extra jalapenos and Tabasco. The French Quarter is always a solid choice for an entree, but on this occasion, went with the Land and Sea, which combines filet and chicken with shrimp. We also upgraded to include the lobster tail, which I would not do again. That was a first, and overall in quality and taste, the tail just wasn't that great. Overall a nice night. Would go back for happy hour fondue here.

• Visited July 2012
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Pricey, but a great place for a special night out.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

My husband, daughter, and I enjoyed Father's Day dinner here. I was searching for a unique dining experience and The Melting Pot was perfect. The food was marinated well and the choices made the experience more customized. The atmosphere is perfect not only for family, but particularly for a romantic date. The service was very good and we will certainly return.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank latkwat13
Baltimore, Maryland
“Overpriced for ok food and bad service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

This chain is overpriced for not much food that is plain and boring. The drinks are ok, but also expensive. The service is slow (we waited over 15 mins. after seating before anyone ever came over on more than one visit) and we never have had attentive service. They are typically nice, but slow.

Visited February 2012