“Great food and outstanding service.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 249 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Indian, Vegetarian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great food and outstanding service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I love Indian food, but I have been pretty disappointed since moving to Maryland,until I found this place. The food is very, very good. I loose my appetite if there is any weird consistency with any meat product, and I have found that I can order just about anything here, with confidence. While the food is great, it's the service here that really stands out. Immediate seating, drinks, free tastings of classic dishes, free mango smoothie for my son...that's right...we take our 3 year old son here and its been great. The wait staff loves kids, everyone was so nice, and attentive. I can't really say enough about the service, as they set the bar very high. It's the best Indian I've had anywhere near Columbia. They take credit cards, there's plenty of parking, and a full bar. Easy, fast, kind and tasty.

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank Shirley V

Baltimore, Maryland
“First Visit to Chutney Indian Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

From the moment we arrived we were greeted warmly and welcomed. The air was full of wonderful spice smells. Service was smooth and efficient as well as very friendly throughout the evening. Our experience continued to be pleasant as we had our appetizers and drinks. When our entrees arrived we were amazed at the size of the portions. We enjoy the individual serving dishes being kept warm over candle light because it makes sharing easier. The food was delicious with every bite and we were full only half way through our food. The server was sweet and made our drinks to order explaining Indian culture of dishes and heritage which enriched our enjoyment. Our take home left overs were a full meal and something to look forward to later. Service was attentive and gracious. We highly recommend this restaurant for a nice relaxing meal with great food and atmosphere. Enjoy!!!

2 Thank Tee M
Bagshot, United Kingdom
“It was ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

The food was very oily - which is indian cuisine I guess - but this was extreme. Good service though and HUGE portions. Order a main between two!

Visited June 2014
Maryland
“Delightful dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

The food was truly wonderful and the portions generous for the price. The wait staff was so kind and attentive. A must try.

2 Thank jbrnrd
Columbia, Maryland, United States
“Great Food, Great Service = Great Evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

My bride and I live in Columbia and have been eyeing Chutney's for the last couple of weeks. On impulse we decided to have dinner there this Thursday. My wife had the lamb i had the CHICKEN HYDERABADI.and I asked for it to be a bit more spicy than normal. They were both fabulous. the lamb and the chicken were both very tender, the spiciness of my dish was not so overbearing that you couldn't taste all the other wonderful flavors. Served with basmati rice. The service was just as fabulous as the food. Our waiter Navraze (forgive the mis-spelling) started by asking what meat we were thinking of having and immediately made some wonderful suggestions with a very good explanation of what was in it. While waiting for our meal he brought us some Samosas to try, on the house. in the interim he told us of his home in Nepal and how the foods from his home are very similar. He was attentive but not hovering. His recommendation for dessert, RASMALAI was perfect, not too sweet and light. We will definitely be back. I want to try the buffet next... served for lunch every day.

4 Thank Jim C