“First Visit to Chutney Indian Restaurant”

Chutney Indian Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 263 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: At Chutney you would not only experience the real taste but also the authenticity of the real Indian curries. Chutney Indian Restaurant offers diners a wonderful array of high quality, mouthwatering traditional Indian dishes, cooked to order using only the freshest, hand-picked ingredients selected from the markets daily. Indian dining is all about family, so it is no surprise that our time honoured recipes have been passed down through the generations from the origins in India. Expect your visit to Chutney to be relaxed, warm and friendly. Our professional staff are here to assist you in any way to ensure your experience is a positive one. Together with A class experience and hard work we are dedicated to achieve customer satisfaction by continuously providing best quality food and service. In preparing meals utmost consideration is give to hygiene taste and freshness. We do not serve pre-prepared meals and our curry base are also made on site and not out sourced. Therefore giving a home made feel to all our curries.
Reviewed June 28, 2014

From the moment we arrived we were greeted warmly and welcomed. The air was full of wonderful spice smells. Service was smooth and efficient as well as very friendly throughout the evening. Our experience continued to be pleasant as we had our appetizers and drinks. When our entrees arrived we were amazed at the size of the portions. We enjoy the individual serving dishes being kept warm over candle light because it makes sharing easier. The food was delicious with every bite and we were full only half way through our food. The server was sweet and made our drinks to order explaining Indian culture of dishes and heritage which enriched our enjoyment. Our take home left overs were a full meal and something to look forward to later. Service was attentive and gracious. We highly recommend this restaurant for a nice relaxing meal with great food and atmosphere. Enjoy!!!

2  Thank Tee M
There are newer reviews for Chutney Indian Restaurant

Reviewed June 25, 2014

The food was very oily - which is indian cuisine I guess - but this was extreme. Good service though and HUGE portions. Order a main between two!

Reviewed June 23, 2014

The food was truly wonderful and the portions generous for the price. The wait staff was so kind and attentive. A must try.

2  Thank jbrnrd
Reviewed June 12, 2014

My bride and I live in Columbia and have been eyeing Chutney's for the last couple of weeks. On impulse we decided to have dinner there this Thursday. My wife had the lamb i had the CHICKEN HYDERABADI.and I asked for it to be a bit more spicy than normal. They were both fabulous. the lamb and the chicken were both very tender, the spiciness of my dish was not so overbearing that you couldn't taste all the other wonderful flavors. Served with basmati rice. The service was just as fabulous as the food. Our waiter Navraze (forgive the mis-spelling) started by asking what meat we were thinking of having and immediately made some wonderful suggestions with a very good explanation of what was in it. While waiting for our meal he brought us some Samosas to try, on the house. in the interim he told us of his home in Nepal and how the foods from his home are very similar. He was attentive but not hovering. His recommendation for dessert, RASMALAI was perfect, not too sweet and light. We will definitely be back. I want to try the buffet next... served for lunch every day.

4  Thank Jim C
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I really like this place. I've been to many Indian restaurants in the Baltimore and Washington region and this is one of my favorites. The food is extremely flavorful and has the right amount of spice. I loved the Okra dish as well as the soup there. The service is wonderful --friendly staff and prompt service. You have to try it out!!

5  Thank shelly c