“Great dining experience”

Gadsby's Bar American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 31, 2014

I went there with my husband and had a great dining experience. The food was outstanding. We had wine, the tuna tartare, salmon and steak. The service was great and the ambience was very nice. We will definitely be back and would highly recommend it to others.

1  Thank CountrytimeLemonade

Reviewed July 26, 2014

This was my first visit to this restaurant which used to be the Greystone Grill. We went with a party of 6 for a business dinner on Thursday at 18.30.

The waiter does not know which Gin the bar has, has to be asked for water refills. One vegetarian dish on menue but they ran out of it, they offered some pasta w/o meat. We ordered a bottle of wine, but they ran out of it, the waiter does not know how much the alternate bottle costs he suggests. One steak was ordered medium well, came medium rare and low quality meat, side potato dish was missing, they ran out but did not say anything. I guess they were hoping the guest would not remember. Lamb shank and fish was good.

Restaurant interior has not changed from Greystone Grill but service and food got worse.

1  Thank Rolf E
Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

The location was a little off the beaten path but that was ok. The decor was meh kinda looked like a hotel restraraunt. Service was poor had to keep asking for water every time we wanted more. We had a groupon and we ordered two house wines (which the server didn't even know which ones they were) then we had the scallops which were nothing like the description on the menu they were fried! Laid on top of FRIED asparagus seriously!?! Then I had red snapper it was also FRIED (again nothing on the menu said it was fried) it was on top of a black bean corn mix which was pretty spicy (chipotle is better) so I took off just the snapper and it was just fried no seasoning whatsoever. My fiancé had the ribeye which he said had no seasoning and came with only seasoned vegetables-apparently it was supposed to come with potatoes or something but they were out (during restraraunt week). We didn't order desert food was awful. So we used the groupon and got a check for 0.00 which was fine but then we wanted to leave a tip but only had a 20 dollar bill-which they said they couldn't cash!!! They had no change for a 20 dollar bill! We had to ask another patron to split it to give him a tip. Never going back!

Reviewed July 8, 2014

okay, so i'm cheap. my wife found a coupon for $30 off a meal. so we figured how bad could it be? if we don't like it, we don't go back. the thing is, they don't advertise and you can't see the place from the road. you must make a reservation and tell them you have this coupon in order to use it. they have not changed the decor from the previous restaurant as yet. there was only four other occupied tables when we arrived and just one waiter. so that's all the bad stuff. the good stuff is the important stuff. the waiter was attentive and professional (spencer). the food was cooked properly and tasted delicious. it was delivered to our table relatively quickly. cornbread and biscuits quickly materialized right after the menus. the pricing seemed to be in line with other 4-star establishments. and, of course, our $50 meal (+tip) ended up costing $20.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

Tucked into a business park in a very unassuming location, Gadsby's Bar American now occupies the same space where the former Greystone Grill was located. The restaurant changed hands a couple of months ago and is clearly in the "opening phases" of it's new brand. The menu is seasonal and has a number of options for appetizers, pastas, entrees, and desserts. The food is quite good, very flavorful, and especially the seafood options are delicious. The wine list is simple but there are some good options there, too. The decor is much the same as it was when the restaurant was Greystone Grill--modern, comfortable, if a bit understated. I've been twice now to use Groupons, and the service has been very accommodating, if a bit slow at times. I'll definitely be back...I quite like this new place!

1  Thank Christopher M