“My favorite!”

Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My favorite!”
Reviewed November 29, 2007

I love this place! The fajitas are the best I have ever had. Everything is very fresh and not oversalted, unlike most restaurants. At first I was a little wary about the salsa as it is warm, which is different, but it is my favorite salsa now! I absolutely love this restaurant. The atmosphere is super cute, too. I don't know what that person who posted about smoke was talking about because I am THE most sensitive person to smoke-if I smell just a hint of it, I'm out of there-and I have never noticed it at Zapata's. Just the smoke from my steaming fajitas YUM!

1 Thank nicoleyo4

Maryland
“We LOVE this restaurant”
Reviewed November 24, 2006

My wife was born in Mexico City and spent several years living in Guadalajara. Her father is a diplomat, so her family is quite well traveled within Mexico and worldwide. She is certainly familiar with delicious Mexican cuisine.

Zapata's has our favorite, delicious, AUTHENTIC Mexican food. I have tried several items on their menu and it's all delicious. Also, the atmosphere is quite nice. Highly, highly recommended.

2 Thank Imaginativeone
Columbia, MD
“If you do not smoke, stay awayfrom this restaurant”
Reviewed November 11, 2006

We walked in to the restaurant this evening (11/12/2006). It iis in Howard County where there is a band on smoking in restaurant and the bar should have a separate A/C unit not connected to the dining area. Unfortunately, the smoke/quality of air in the restaurant is so bad, we exited withing a minute of entering the restaurant.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I will have hard time to give it more than ZERO.

3 Thank US_Global_Traveler
Baltimore
“Zapata Would Be Rolling in His Grave...”
Reviewed March 1, 2006

Being a local, I have had several meals here. The first was decent. I was just happy to see mole, albondigas & and horchata (instant, though) on their menu. Upon return, the meals just kept getting more and more disappointing. The last meal was not really edible - I got the rajas con calabasas - it was sour and disgusting. I highly suggest the drive out Route 108 to Clarksville for dinner at El Azteca instead.

3 Thank sekhmet26
A TripAdvisor Member
“Where's the Crab?”
Reviewed August 14, 2005

Just had dinner at Zapata's and left very disappointed. The chili con queso appetizer was runny and the chicken quesadila was crusty and overcooked. The blackened rock fish was tasty but the accompanying portabello mushrooms stuffed with crab, as described on the menu, was a real misnomer. The mushrooms were stuffed with cheese and diced mushroom pieces. There was no crab. The waiter explained that the mushrooms were only sprinkled with crab. That's not how the menu suggested they were prepared, and, if they were sprinkled with crab, we couldn't taste it. The waiter left for the kitchen after we noted the absence of crab and we didn't see him again until he brought the bill.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member