“Great spot for a quiet, quality meal” 5 of 5 stars
Review of King's Contrivance Restaurant

King's Contrivance Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 252 Restaurants in Columbia
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Great spot for a quiet, quality meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

King's Contrivance has been around for a long time and is a local favorite. It is located inan old mansion. Service was good but not great. Food was excellent. Scallops and pasta were the best we have had and their veal margarita was wonderful. This is a great spot for a special meal.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars

maryland
“Very Classy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

My second time here. Very classy, food was delish, great presentation. Great for a special dinner. The fist was cooked to perfection, but could have had a little more going on in the flavor department. The stuffed lobster tail was great from beginning to end.

Visited February 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“I was wrong!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

In my October review, I stated that I was not impressed by the food but that I would give the place another try in a few months. Well, I've returned twice and found things much better than my first visit. I guess anyone can have a bad day! Both of my servers were excellent. I really liked the wedge salad and pork chops on my first return and the shrimp/crab cocktail and Sea Bass on my second return. Lots of crab and really large shrimp. I was still not too impressed but the cocktail or Louis sauce. The pork chop was one of the most tender I've had. A nice reduction sauce. I ordered it with garlic mashed potatoes since I am not partial to sweet potato fries. My wife had my previously disparaged seared scallops (and asked for extra seared) and they were great! And Friday was half-off wine night! What a deal! I'll put this restaurant back on my list of recommendations.

1 Thank Knotoncall2
Columbia, Maryland, United States
“Great ambiance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

This restaurant has such great food. The chef makes some of the best Butternut Squash soup. Perfect for a romantic dinner for two. The prix fixe menu is very good as well.

Visited March 2012
Maryland
“A very special place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Absolutely everything is so ... good ... oh, my gosh ... this is so good ... and so is this ... You get the idea. Pricey, so it is a special occacion place for us, but worth it. Time to go back!

1 Thank StreamsAndCities