“I was wrong!”

Cuisines: American, European
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 12, 2013

In my October review, I stated that I was not impressed by the food but that I would give the place another try in a few months. Well, I've returned twice and found things much better than my first visit. I guess anyone can have a bad day! Both of my servers were excellent. I really liked the wedge salad and pork chops on my first return and the shrimp/crab cocktail and Sea Bass on my second return. Lots of crab and really large shrimp. I was still not too impressed but the cocktail or Louis sauce. The pork chop was one of the most tender I've had. A nice reduction sauce. I ordered it with garlic mashed potatoes since I am not partial to sweet potato fries. My wife had my previously disparaged seared scallops (and asked for extra seared) and they were great! And Friday was half-off wine night! What a deal! I'll put this restaurant back on my list of recommendations.

1  Thank Knotoncall2

Reviewed January 22, 2013

This restaurant has such great food. The chef makes some of the best Butternut Squash soup. Perfect for a romantic dinner for two. The prix fixe menu is very good as well.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Absolutely everything is so ... good ... oh, my gosh ... this is so good ... and so is this ... You get the idea. Pricey, so it is a special occacion place for us, but worth it. Time to go back!

1  Thank StreamsAndCities
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We took our family there for a special occasion. The service was attentive, and we all enjoyed ourselves. However, I was put off a bit by the "datedness" and quality of the food. Many things seemed to have just a small "off" flavor, and vegetables were very hard to come by. Even the lobster bisque was disappointing - very heavy flour taste. I wanted to like this restaurant better but just couldn't.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We went here for our anniversary dinner and were not disappointed. Beautiful grounds, a beautiful old house, delicious food, and very attentive service made the evening wonderful!