New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Mount Airy, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Good First Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014

My family and I went to An Loi restaurant in Columbia, MD. This was my first time having Vietnamese food and I thought it was great! For our appetizers we had the Cha Gio (spring roll) and Goi Cuon (summer roll). I would recommend the spring roll. I had Pho, the Hu Tieu Bo Kho (H5). It had tender beef and the broth was great, but the rice noodles were the best. The restaurant was beautiful, I liked the pictures on the walls. I would recommend eating there again.

1 Thank Matthew M

Orlando, Florida
“Did not disappoint”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2014

Researched the best places to eat in Columbia and this place kept popping up. Unfortunately we were in a bit of a hurry while eating here and I feel like I didn't get to properly agonize over the menu choices, which just means I need to go back! I got the N8. Banh Lot Xao An Loi (noodles and chicken and shrimp) and asked them to make it without the shrimp, which they did without question, and it was a hefty portion, not too greasy, and just as good if not better leftover the next day. My nine-year-old cousin got the grilled pork and when they served her a plateful, her parents remarked how she could take the rest home and have it for lunch tomorrow, but by the end of the meal she'd devoured every single piece. This place added a new dimension to Vietnamese food for me and it was definitely a positive addition.

Baltimore, Maryland
“Don't Judge a Book by its Cover”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2014

I have been by this restaurant numerous times, but it is in a strip mall and very unassuming on the outside. However, a friend said it was very good, so we went there for lunch. A very pleasant experience. The restaurant is lovely inside, clean and the staff is very efficient and friendly. The food was delicious, it is definitely worth checking out!

columbia, MD
“Very different Vietnamese food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

I don't why the selection here is so different from other Vietnamese restaurants, but vive la difference. Also, he food is spicier than most Vietnamese restaurants, which is great. I particularly like the pad thai, which is quite spicy, unlike what you are served in Thai restaurants. The waitstaff is very attentive and intelligent. You can order a lunch composed of three different dishes. It used to be very crowded but no longer is, for reasons I cannot guess.

• Visited August 2013
Columbia, Maryland
“Not like before”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

It is one of our favorites. But after the original owner sold it, the restaurant's style changed to tend to Korean style. The pho dishes changed too. But the price is still good.

• Visited September 2013