“also known as "happy bowl"”
Review of An Loi

An Loi
Ranked #35 of 277 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed February 25, 2008

also known as "happy bowl"

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Reviewed May 21, 2007

The service is awful. They act like you have asked for their first born if you want more thai basil or cilantro. The waiter is surly if you want a bigger table. The food is good, but poor service is going to sink this restaurant. They have lost many a trip from me and many a larger tip from me because of their abysmal service.

Reviewed January 22, 2007

We asked the waiter to bring us more basil and cilantro. He said “you have plenty” and walked off. We asked him again and he brought back cilantro (only), and it was broken up and “used” looking like he just grabbed it off of someone else’s plate. We think it is kind of funny so we will be going back, the food is good. We also like Pho Dat Than, same stile of restaurant w/nicer atmosphere and better service (food is also delicious).

Reviewed January 18, 2007

Although they decidedly have the best Pho around, the service is dry and lacking any appreciation for business. All the servers we have had seem to be cut from the same mold. Unfriendly, dry and not willing to satisfy the customers needs. When serving a table of 3 pho they only sat down 2 condiment plates and even left off the Basil for some reason. We saw other plates go out with Basil...? When I asked for another plate the server looked around the table and said 2 plates is enough...you have plenty. Pretty awkward since there are 3 people. Why would I have asked if I did not want it? Shocked we left him a small tip.......in our minds it was plenty ;-) Despite our regular business there is no sign of friendliness or appreciation. It is a good thing they make a darn good bowl of Pho.

A TripAdvisor Member
Columbia, MD
Reviewed November 24, 2005

When I moved to Columbia a few months ago my friend took me to An Loi and she said that I would love it! I did!! What a great little Vietnamese restaurant. If you are in the mood for fantasic Pho this is the place to go. Plus, you can't beat the price... $5 for a small bowl and I believe it was either 5.25 or 5.50 for a large bowl.... hello... where can you get good food at a price like this. My friend and I go there almost weekly and now the server knows our "usual". The staff is friendly and the food is great... what more can you ask for?