“Service Needs Work” 3 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Service Needs Work”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

I was here the one night for dinner before other plans. I actually think that I was also here a few years ago with a friend.

The service was a little rushed and overbearing. 2 minutes after I sat down they asked if I knew what I wanted. I hadn't even finished reading half of the menu. I ordered two special rolls, a Coke and a hot tea.

The one roll, Crazy I believe, was good but had too much roe on top for my liking. When the second roll came over, I asked for more ginger. The waitress just turned the new plate around to show me that there was ginger on the plate. I had to ask her again for more ginger. Personally, I found that rude.

The second roll I can't remember the name of but it had sriracha and wasabi mayo on top. Very spicy. All the fish tasted fresh and yummy. The tea was also nice. I believe it was the Manager that came over near the end of my meal, and he was pleasant and non-invasive.

The decor is nice and the kitchen seems clean. The food is good, but the service seriously needs work.

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

“Yummm and very different ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

Awesome sushi ! We are big sushi fans and try out sushi places in different cities - this place is GOOD! Very different flavours! Definetely try the explosion roll , awesomeness!

San Jose, Costa Rica
“Best sushi!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

This place has the best sushi. Love love love their pretty in red and explosion rolls. The only bad side... It gets to be really expensive. However service and food are both great.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 101FoodLover
Columbia, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great for the area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Been eating sushi all over the world. I find Sushi King's sushi very delicious, there's quite a few options. I took away one point because of the general price you end up paying for a decent meal. It's not expensive by any means but for what I'm used to, and for the quality, it should be slightly cheaper.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank John S
Baltimore
“Great Sushi in Columbia Md Area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

Simply a great spot for Sushi. Very establish place w a nice sushi bar.
Good selection of Rolls as well.

Have gone there many times and never disappointed!

• Visited September 2013