“BEST Sushi Ever!!”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Baltimore, Maryland
“BEST Sushi Ever!!”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I am a flight attendant and I have sampled Sushi all over the world. Sushi King is by far the BEST I have ever had. The rolls are unique and extremely fresh. The staff is very friendly.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Kristin S

Charlotte, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Thumbs down”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I'm confused by the positive reviews here, which led me to visit this restaurant. I was very disappointed. I ordered the grilled salmon lunch combination. The salmon was greasy and tough, I couldn't finish it. The miso soup was very salty. My friend order two rolls, which I sampled, and they were average, at best.The service was friendly but very slow. This place is definitely thumbs down.

• Visited August 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great sushi”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The sushi was delicious and very fresh. The service was excellent. We have eaten there mant times and Will be eating there again soon

• Visited June 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“Sushi King is the king of sushi”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We like to eat out a lot and we make a point to eat at Sushi King at least once a week.
My wife's mother, who was Japanese, went here for years because of the sushi.
When we first enter the restaurant, the staff greets us with handshakes and friendly hellos.
If you come early at night you get a nice warm towel to clean your hands.
The tea is free and is very tasty. The appetizers to try are agedofu (tempura coated tofu), shumai (mini streamed shrimp dumplings), gyoza (fried meat dumplings) and beef neki maki (beef rolls).
If you order a meal, it comes with miso soup and salad with ginger dressing, both light and delicious. Another soup to try is the seafood soup. It has single pieces of seafood (scallop, fish cake, shrimp) so do not expect a lot. It is just enough for the soup you receive.
The lunches are reasonably priced $8.50 and up and there is a variety to choose from including teriyaki and tempura.
Tonkatsu (fried pork cutlet) is crispy and comes with Bulldog sauce (tangy sauce). Una don (b-que eel on rice) is not fishy tasting and is also very good. It is the same eel as on the sushi.
Of course Sushi King would not be sushi king without the rolls and sashimi.
The specialty rolls are fantastic. If you like spicy, try the explosion roll and volcano roll.
We occasionally get the Sushi platter that has 52 pieces ($72). It's a little pricey but so worth it.
We usually have 2 to 3 people eating from it. There are pieces of shrimp, California rolls, salmon, tuna, clams, etc. The restaurant has the standard (but tasty) sushi rolls and also has a list of 50 special rolls that would satisfy any hardcore sushi fanatic.
My daughter orders the dishes that you can cook at the table: sukiyaki and shabu shabu have beef and yosenabe has seafood.
Nabe Yaki Udon is a soup with large thick noodles and seafood also good.
The desserts are worth a try. They have different kinds of mocha (strawberry my favorite, mango, vanilla, green tea) and tempura fried ice cream.
Keep in mind that the restaurant does open for lunch (11:30 to 3) but closes to prepare for dinner which is from 5 to 10. The restaurant closed on Sundays and certain holidays.
On special occasions, they even have nicely decorated mini cakes.
We cannot say enough wonderful things about Sushi King. A must go.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank MoonpieLFC
Essex
“rushed much?”
Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

not knowing that they close from 3-5pm my friend n i got there at 2:55 and they told us to sit b hurry n order then they got one sushi ready but the other one was not ready yet so it was weird to not wait for the other one by the time the other sushi plate got to our table they handed us the bill already and a lady kept hovering over us to check if we were done...we felt uncomfortable and rushed the whole time!

• Visited May 2013