“Good stop”
Review of Stanford Grill

Stanford Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Stanford Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 265 Restaurants in Columbia
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: At Stanford Grill, food is our passion. Our commitment to ensuring you enjoy your dining experience is illustrated in our approach to the menu. Every day, our chefs handpick the freshest produce. Our chef-inspired dishes are made to order and prepared in our open-air kitchen, making you part of the culinary experience. Come enjoy the ambiance, savor exceptional American cuisine and sample our array of red and white wines. Stanford Grill: American cuisine at its finest.
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

We had a party of 8 and waited over one hour at the bar watching other large parties after we came in get seated. We had to go up a number of times to remind them we were there which was surprising considering the venue. The bartender was great and drinks excellent. We finally were seated and had blue point fried oysters and cornbread which was excellent. We had the NY Strip, Prime Rib, ribs, and grouper special. Everything was great except the grouper was dry and rubbery. The sides of green beans, loaded mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, and spinach was excellent. We ended with the bread pudding. Amazing. A great stop but if it's crowded you may want to come back.

1  Thank TheHopefulTraveler

Reviewed May 28, 2014

So if the title was catchy enough, guess what is...???The fish of the day special's. Get it? Catch - Fish, ok maybe that wasn't funny. This place is hands down one of the best restaurant's in Maryland. They are so consistent, from the seating, to the ordering and even to the meal selection. I spoke to one of the waitress's and she informed me that most if not all of their dishes are made from scratch. That's right, from homemade mango salsa (to die for), to the most delicious ribs (enough for three) ,to the cornbread (sweet and spicy), to the coleslaw (simply fresh). I don't even like coleslaw but the cilantro is the perfect balance. The waiters and waitresses are super knowledgeable and experienced, which for me makes them trustworthy. Have you ever been to a restaurant and the waiter does not possess the ability to suggest a meal? The waiters at Stanford Grill have the skill set to ask about your interests and dislike to recommend the dish for you. They are all super nice and I truly feel like each visit is my first time and the experience has been phenomenal each time. Oh yes, you may be wondering, where was I going with the title.... There a beautiful in wall fireplace and they often time have a live band.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

My daughter and I were visiting the area and looking for a relaxing place to eat. Well, we found it! Stanford Grill reminded us of one of our favorite restaurants "back home". We were greeted by two friendly staff members, quickly seated and quickly met our "server" and were told that they operate in a team manner - which we love. They all work together so that there is no unnecessary wait time on anything. I ordered the Salmon entree and it did not disappoint. And yes, I would go back and find this on a trip to this area and yes, I might just order the salmon again although I might try one of their many "daily specials" if it caught my interest.
By the way, the restaurant was full of graduation festivities, but we had no wait beyond the time of preparation of the meal.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Despite the out-of-the-way location, has great ambiance and service along with very good (if not particularly elaborate food). Atmosphere is relaxed casual, perfect for twenty and thirty somethings who find old-fashioned restaurants a little intimidating.
Spent a week last winter in Scottsdale - I could image the Stanford Grill in the Arizona resort country easily (switching desert for greenery of course)

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Dimly lit, jazz trio playing, excellent wine selection, view of the firepit burning set the tone for a very romantic dinner. Food was seasoned well and tasted delicious. Could have been a bit more generous on the portions because I found myself hungry a short while later but all in all a very pleasant dining experience.