“The food makes up for all”
Review of Stanford Grill

Stanford Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Stanford Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 265 Restaurants in Columbia
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: At Stanford Grill, food is our passion. Our commitment to ensuring you enjoy your dining experience is illustrated in our approach to the menu. Every day, our chefs handpick the freshest produce. Our chef-inspired dishes are made to order and prepared in our open-air kitchen, making you part of the culinary experience. Come enjoy the ambiance, savor exceptional American cuisine and sample our array of red and white wines. Stanford Grill: American cuisine at its finest.
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Not being able to get the chicken pot pie out of my mind, when we were in the area again, I had to return to Stanford Grill. It was a weekend, and I knew how busy they would be, so we called ahead and made reservations. We arrived exactly on time. We were told there was no table, and it would be about ten minutes. Not too bad, I thought, so we waited. After 10-15 minutes had passed, there was still no table to be had. And there is really no waiting area in this restaurant. You have to stand bunched up by the door while others try to get in and out around you. I was starting to get upset, because after all we had made reservations. What good is a reservation if there is no table for you? Just then a hostess approached us and said we could continue to wait for a table, or we could sit at a small two seater table in the bar area. Just being hungry and wanting to eat, we opted for the table in the bar area. I really was put off by it, but as soon as the food came, I had to forgive them. The chicken pot pie was even better than I remembered, and I had remembered it as being amazing. My husband ordered the smoked salmon appetizer. I said I wouldn't have any, since I wanted to really enjoy my pot pie. He convinced me to try just one bite, and I couldn't stop with one. I think I could've made a whole meal on the smoked salmon, but then I would've missed out on the pot pie. I think I would even go through the reservation annoyance to eat at the Stanford Grill again. The food is too good.
Our server was very nice, and I didn't feel rushed like I did the last time, but maybe that's because we were in the bar area. They also had live music, which I could hear this time, and it was fine.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

We enjoyed a lovely lunch at the Grill to celebrate my mom's birthday. The service was great and the food was delicious. Portions were large and we had a second meal with the leftovers! We appreciated that a large party could carry on a conversation while dining out. Loved the fireplace too!!

Reviewed March 29, 2014

This is a regular destination for two couples and us. Every two or three months we go for the Sunday brunch. We like the champagne cocktails to start. The brunch selections are generous enough to last you through the day, and are delicious. The coffee is also very good, a must for brunch. In good weather it is pleasant to sit outside. In cold weather, try to get a spot near the fireplace. The service is attentive and professional. And they don't hurry us out, as we catch up on news with our friends. This is our brunch place of choice in Columbia.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Got the recommendation from a nearby hotel that we were staying at and were very pleased with our visit. Portion sizes are HUGE, so keep that in mind when ordering. A full bar with a pianist fills the void with real music complimenting the fireplaces. Food is definitely "high end", but worth it. I didn't feel the prices were outrageous, even though they could charge more given the layout and menu quality. Service was great, with very knowledgeable servers.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Went there for Sunday brunch and really enjoyed it. Good service, good food, good ambiance, loved the complimentary drink with your order- would definitely return!