“Good choice”
Review of Stanford Grill

Stanford Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Stanford Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 263 Restaurants in Columbia
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: At Stanford Grill, food is our passion. Our commitment to ensuring you enjoy your dining experience is illustrated in our approach to the menu. Every day, our chefs handpick the freshest produce. Our chef-inspired dishes are made to order and prepared in our open-air kitchen, making you part of the culinary experience. Come enjoy the ambiance, savor exceptional American cuisine and sample our array of red and white wines. Stanford Grill: American cuisine at its finest.
“Good choice”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I have been there numerous times and the food and service have always been outstanding.
There are great choices in the poetry, beef and fish selections. I like the setting and the atmosphere
but have been bothered by how noisy it gets. I o find myself making the decision to go or not go there partially on whether I'm up for the noisy setting.

• Visited November 2013

“lvk”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Food is good depending on what you order. I've had extremely tasty meals here, but have had very bland meals also. I love the giant fireplace on the wall and the piano bar. The bar tender we had during our last visit was very good at her job.

• Visited September 2013
“They Got It Right”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Consistently good food, fairly priced, well managed. Always a nice Buzz. Everyone here knows his job.

• Visited February 2014
Columbia, Maryland
“A little pricey but worth the money”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Have been there several times and never had anything but a fantastic meal. Have had everything from Chicken Pot Pie to Filet Minion. The service is the best.

• Visited January 2014
Woodbine, Maryland
“Cooked to perfection”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

It is very important to my husband and I to have a perfectly cooked steak. Stanford Grill does just that. Our medium rare was slightly towards rare. He ordered the prime Rib. It was tender with a good crust served with Au Jus and horseradish sauce. His side dishes were red skinned mashed potatoes and green beans sauteed with red sweet peppers and onions. Mine was the filet. It had a good char, tender and juicy served over a Cabernet Demi Glace and topped with gorgonzola butter. My sides were spinach sauteed with onions and the same mashed potatoes. The steaks were a standard portion whereas; the sides were enormous. The vegetables were expertly done. Fresh and slightly crisp. The atmosphere is semi romantic with a gas fireplace in the dining room and dimmed lights. It is a bit loud and crowded. We also had fresh made guacomole for an appetizer and Key Lime Pie for dessert. The guac was full of avocado chunks and topped with black beans, red onions, and fire roasted tomatoes with a squeeze of lime. I did think that the chips were slightly stale but it was so good that we devoured it anyway. The key lime was unique to any other than I have ever had. It was a very creamy custard with flecks of lime peel. The crust was a graham cracker but, I think that I detected coconut and macadamia nut? It was served with fresh whipped crem and garnished with a thin lime slice. The service was pretty good except for our silverware and napkins were not brought out with our drinks or appetizers We had to flag our waitress down and flag her down again for the check. But, despite that she knew the menu well and was very friendly

• Visited February 2014