“A little pricey but worth the money”
Review of Stanford Grill

Stanford Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Stanford Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 261 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: At Stanford Grill, food is our passion. Our commitment to ensuring you enjoy your dining experience is illustrated in our approach to the menu. Every day, our chefs handpick the freshest produce. Our chef-inspired dishes are made to order and prepared in our open-air kitchen, making you part of the culinary experience. Come enjoy the ambiance, savor exceptional American cuisine and sample our array of red and white wines. Stanford Grill: American cuisine at its finest.
Columbia, Maryland
“A little pricey but worth the money”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Have been there several times and never had anything but a fantastic meal. Have had everything from Chicken Pot Pie to Filet Minion. The service is the best.

• Visited January 2014

Woodbine, Maryland
“Cooked to perfection”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

It is very important to my husband and I to have a perfectly cooked steak. Stanford Grill does just that. Our medium rare was slightly towards rare. He ordered the prime Rib. It was tender with a good crust served with Au Jus and horseradish sauce. His side dishes were red skinned mashed potatoes and green beans sauteed with red sweet peppers and onions. Mine was the filet. It had a good char, tender and juicy served over a Cabernet Demi Glace and topped with gorgonzola butter. My sides were spinach sauteed with onions and the same mashed potatoes. The steaks were a standard portion whereas; the sides were enormous. The vegetables were expertly done. Fresh and slightly crisp. The atmosphere is semi romantic with a gas fireplace in the dining room and dimmed lights. It is a bit loud and crowded. We also had fresh made guacomole for an appetizer and Key Lime Pie for dessert. The guac was full of avocado chunks and topped with black beans, red onions, and fire roasted tomatoes with a squeeze of lime. I did think that the chips were slightly stale but it was so good that we devoured it anyway. The key lime was unique to any other than I have ever had. It was a very creamy custard with flecks of lime peel. The crust was a graham cracker but, I think that I detected coconut and macadamia nut? It was served with fresh whipped crem and garnished with a thin lime slice. The service was pretty good except for our silverware and napkins were not brought out with our drinks or appetizers We had to flag our waitress down and flag her down again for the check. But, despite that she knew the menu well and was very friendly

• Visited February 2014
“This place never disappoints!”
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

My wife goes on business from time to time to Columbia and this restaurant is a great gem hidden in Maryland. It would do fantastically in any large metropolitan city. The ambiance is fantastic, with it's roaring fireplace and warm, romantic booths with piano and bass in the background. Very nice to have drinks and an appetizer after a long meeting.

The Salmon in this establishment is some of the best cooked on the east coast, period! It is cooked absolutely perfect with a smoked flavor that you will remember long after your visit. The chicken is one of their specialties and is outstanding also! Melt in your mouth juicy with rustic flavor to boot! I had the Prime Rib and smashed potatoes that was, again, perfectly cooked and very flavorful!

The food is matched by an outstanding staff that knows the menu inside and out. They are greatly attentive and make the experience that more elegant and enjoyable! We love this place and highly recommend it to anyone in Maryland, it is worth the trip, and to all who come to Columbia on business. You will not forget this place!

United States
“The best chicken pot pie”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Glad I decided to try this place. I was in the mood for some warm, comforting food, and the chicken pot pie sounded irresistible. We started with the corn bread, because I read so many good things about it. It was good, but not phenomenal. It didn't hold together very well. Just picking it up caused it to fall apart, to fall all over the table, the floor, and me. It was very messy. Tasted good, just not great. However, the chicken pot pie was the best I've ever had. The chicken was so flavourful, and the whole thing was fantastic. Large portion as well. My husband had a fish dish, and I think the mistake was in asking the customer what sauce they want served with the fish. They gave 3 options, and my husband chose one that he said didn't pair very well with the fish. I think the chef should choose the best option, since he knows, or should know, what the whole meal tastes like, and which sauce would go best with it. For dessert, I chose to order the cheesecake. After I ordered it, the server told us the serving size was huge. She was correct; it was way too large to eat and we had to get the remainder to go. If I had known the size up front, I probably would have skipped it. The service was fine. The server was friendly, but we did feel rushed throughout the meal. The main thing that bothered me was how quickly they tried to wrap everything up. I assume the servers must be trained to try to rush you out so they can turn tables quickly. But we had arrived a bit after prime time, and tables were clearing out, so there was no need to rush us. Barely before we had time to finish anything, or decide if we were going to finish it, the servers were trying to grab it and box it up. I had read reviews that it was "noisy" but didn't find this to be the case at all on a busy night. No, it isn't quiet, but the noise levels are not extreme. It is exactly as I would expect a crowded restaurant to sound, no more and no less. The advertised jazz music was located by the front door, and we couldn't hear it from where we were sitting. I'm not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing. I would go back simply for the chicken pot pie, or to try to rotisserie chicken which the chicken pot pie is made from. I thought that was the best thing about the whole place.

• Visited December 2013
Pershore, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food and value for money”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Wow, our son took us here whilst we were visiting over xmas. Fantastic food, atmosphere and service.
The prime rib steaks were cooked to absolute perfection and portions were huge. Whilst the final bill seemed dear it was not when converted back into GB pounds.
We had such a good meal that we went back a week later and just as before, perfect in every way.
Next year when we visit again, we shall return.

• Visited December 2013