“Best house salad I've ever had!”
Review of Stanford Grill

Stanford Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Stanford Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 271 Restaurants in Columbia
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: At Stanford Grill, food is our passion. Our commitment to ensuring you enjoy your dining experience is illustrated in our approach to the menu. Every day, our chefs handpick the freshest produce. Our chef-inspired dishes are made to order and prepared in our open-air kitchen, making you part of the culinary experience. Come enjoy the ambiance, savor exceptional American cuisine and sample our array of red and white wines. Stanford Grill: American cuisine at its finest.
Reviewed November 11, 2013

This restaurant is down a back road past a bunch of hotels. When we pulled in at 5:30 on a Saturday night for a 6PM reservation, I figured the full parking lot was for something else in the area. Once inside, the restaurant was practically full at that hour and it's quite a big place. Thought we'd have no problem eating early (I'm from NY and every restaurant is empty at 5:30!) but we had a drink at the bar till 6 when they could seat us. Bartender was really helpful and nice and the food was excellent. The menu just says "house salad" with no description, but our son said to get it and it was truly amazing. Huge with nuts, goat cheese, cornbread croutons and more. Plus a big piece of delicious cornbread. Get it! At $7, it's a bargain. Amongst us, we had crab cakes, a sirloin burger - sides and cole slaw were delicious and wine selections good. The service was great with all of the staff helpful and accommodating. While it's a pretty place with moody, dark lighting, the menu is big and it's friendly and fine for families. Although very nice, it sort of looks like a high end chain restaurant, but the experience was far better than that and so was the food. Just make sure you have a reservation - even at 5:30!

Reviewed November 7, 2013

The place is hard to find but once you do you will be returning. The chicken pot pie is out of this world! Never had better. Second choice is the chicken, very moist and flavored and seasoned well. Family has had steak, lamb chops and the pasta which they all said fantastic. The servers are great! I have been over 6 times and each time was fabulous. If by chance you have room for dessert, which I have only been able to once, the key lime pie is a must.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

I have never had a bad meal here. Everything is good. Decent prices, large portions and very good food. We go oftern.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

We really enjoyed the crab cakes and the service was good. I ordered a salad also and it was huge. I would definitely go again.

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Mediocre food and service for the price. I've visited for a meal or a drink on 5 occasions in the last two months hoping that my meal and service experience would improve. Staff on the bar side is usually too busy to give you the service you would expect for the price. On the bright side: Ambiance is excellent. Live jazz musicians daily. Upper crust hangout if you are into that.