“Excellent service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Stanford Grill

Stanford Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Stanford Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 258 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: At Stanford Grill, food is our passion. Our commitment to ensuring you enjoy your dining experience is illustrated in our approach to the menu. Every day, our chefs handpick the freshest produce. Our chef-inspired dishes are made to order and prepared in our open-air kitchen, making you part of the culinary experience. Come enjoy the ambiance, savor exceptional American cuisine and sample our array of red and white wines. Stanford Grill: American cuisine at its finest.
Henrietta, New York
“Excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We really enjoyed the crab cakes and the service was good. I ordered a salad also and it was huge. I would definitely go again.

Visited October 2013

Pocatello, Idaho
“You are paying for the ambiance”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Mediocre food and service for the price. I've visited for a meal or a drink on 5 occasions in the last two months hoping that my meal and service experience would improve. Staff on the bar side is usually too busy to give you the service you would expect for the price. On the bright side: Ambiance is excellent. Live jazz musicians daily. Upper crust hangout if you are into that.

Owings Mills, MD
“Great food, service and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

I've been to Stanford Grill several times and must admit I generally enjoy my lunch time visits (especially weekends) more than dinner, which can be a bit noisy. Regardless, today's lunch was really wonderful. The guacamole and chips, one of today's special was very flavorful and fresh. My wife's caesar salad was cold, crisp and dressed appropriately. The side of cornbread was a nice surprise.

We both ordered the veggie burger which is THE BEST we've ever had in a restaurant. Made from a spicy rice and black bean base, it has great taste and texture. Our fries were hot and well-seasoned, the seasonal pumpkin spice cheesecake with a graham cracker crust and fresh whipped cream - which we split and still couldn't finish - was rich and creamy, and the french press coffee was a perfect ending.

Our server Cindy B was excellent. I must admit the servers who've waited on us at lunch have all been on top of their game. We left knowing we had received nice portions of high quality, well-prepared food delivered with excellent service for a reasonable price. At the end of the day that's what will keep us coming back.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank HarmonicTravel
Maryland
“Excellent! Hidden Gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

I had lunch here a few months back, but now am writing about how wonderful it was. I had never heard of this restaurant, but my friend suggested it for our special lunch out (3 of us), and I was really very impressed.
Everything is made in house - all fresh ingredients and really you can tell the difference. We started off with the guacamole - really good. Fresh house made chips. Yum.
I got the fish tacos - fresh fish, really excellent!
I was so full that I felt a bit tired, so ordered coffee after lunch. It was brought out in a little press - some of the best coffee I have ever had.
The service was perfect. The place is nice, not pretentious at all, just a good solid meal done right.
It reminded me a bit of Houston's in Rockville - very fresh (but less crowded than that place).
I can't wait to take my husband there!!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“This is not a Restaurant”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

The name Stanford Grill is completely misleading - this is not a restaurant. The menu selections were not only completely none existent but the prices were a bit high. The alcohol menu however was the complete opposite. This is a BAR not a restaurant - it is not recommend for children or a family get-together. Do not recommend.

• Visited October 2013