“Excellent! Hidden Gem!”
Review of Stanford Grill

Stanford Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Stanford Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 260 Restaurants in Columbia
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: At Stanford Grill, food is our passion. Our commitment to ensuring you enjoy your dining experience is illustrated in our approach to the menu. Every day, our chefs handpick the freshest produce. Our chef-inspired dishes are made to order and prepared in our open-air kitchen, making you part of the culinary experience. Come enjoy the ambiance, savor exceptional American cuisine and sample our array of red and white wines. Stanford Grill: American cuisine at its finest.
Maryland
“Excellent! Hidden Gem!”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I had lunch here a few months back, but now am writing about how wonderful it was. I had never heard of this restaurant, but my friend suggested it for our special lunch out (3 of us), and I was really very impressed.
Everything is made in house - all fresh ingredients and really you can tell the difference. We started off with the guacamole - really good. Fresh house made chips. Yum.
I got the fish tacos - fresh fish, really excellent!
I was so full that I felt a bit tired, so ordered coffee after lunch. It was brought out in a little press - some of the best coffee I have ever had.
The service was perfect. The place is nice, not pretentious at all, just a good solid meal done right.
It reminded me a bit of Houston's in Rockville - very fresh (but less crowded than that place).
I can't wait to take my husband there!!

• Visited June 2013

“This is not a Restaurant”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The name Stanford Grill is completely misleading - this is not a restaurant. The menu selections were not only completely none existent but the prices were a bit high. The alcohol menu however was the complete opposite. This is a BAR not a restaurant - it is not recommend for children or a family get-together. Do not recommend.

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank EdwardLada
Calif
“Hidden treasure”
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

It is not easy to find things in Maryland because of the trees and very little signs. Plenty of people have found this place. It is right next to my hotel (thank goodness since work days are long and it is the taint season). Yes I have gone there a lot...alone and with co workers....the staff is sweet and the food is sweeter. I have tried the ribs, the pot pie, the chicken avocado club....loved them all...go there

Visited October 2013
“Live Jazz and Fab Key Lime Pie”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

First off I have never had a mediocre meal or service here. Hostesses are consistently dismissive and often appear to be "annoyed" by the interruption of you wanting a table but once you get past them, it's all smooth sailing. The "Team" approach to serving is great so you don't have to feel guilty about asking a passing server for another glass of wine. Food is delicious but I wish there were more choices. I can't leave (no matter how satisfied) without ordering the Key Lime Pie even if it's to go. The graham cracker and walnut crust, the ever-so-gently-tart but sweet decadence with the ridiculously yummy homemade whipped cream is a good reason to leave your diet at home! Live a little and take a slice home like I do! The warmth of the hot rocks glass-encased fireplace and the covered outdoor deck with relaxed sofa seating is a perfect place to enjoy a glass of wine after work with the live music. Think I'll stop by tomorrow!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank TravelNessity
Columbia, Maryland
“Cornbread and Cocktail”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Went here for my birthday dinner. Had read in other reviews about their good cornbread. It was delicious. The waiter didn't mention it though and I would have missed it. He did have a lot to cover and spoke quickly, so I might have missed it.

Big disappointment was the Old Fashioned cocktail a special on the menu. There must have been an inexperienced bartender on that night. The cherry was smashed in the bottom. No stem like I've always had and if there was a slice of orange, it was smashed too. The $10 drink tasted like it was about 1/2 shot. The rest of the meal met expectations.

Visited September 2013