“Excellent food and service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Stanford Grill

Stanford Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Stanford Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 252 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: At Stanford Grill, food is our passion. Our commitment to ensuring you enjoy your dining experience is illustrated in our approach to the menu. Every day, our chefs handpick the freshest produce. Our chef-inspired dishes are made to order and prepared in our open-air kitchen, making you part of the culinary experience. Come enjoy the ambiance, savor exceptional American cuisine and sample our array of red and white wines. Stanford Grill: American cuisine at its finest.
Fort Myers, Florida
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Four of us dined there on a Friday evening. We had reservations, but the restaurant was packed and we waited about 10 minutes. Very warm setting. It was very noisy which normally would drive me away. However, our waiter was outstanding and we could hear every word of wonderful descriptions of the specials. I had a filet kebob which was served with fresh grilled vegetables and an orzo pilaf. Quite delicious and generous in size. The guys had the BBQ ribs and pronounced them excellent. We were not there to hear the music, but will do so the next time.

1 Thank yazyoda

Baltimore, Maryland
“Friday Night out with Friends”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

This was our first time to Stanford Grill and we were pleasantly surprised at how delicious the food was. Although, I only had a salad that came with this gigantic piece of cornbread and a vegetable. The food is on the pricey side but very delicious. My only complaint is that the veggies needed to be a little hotter. And if you are a bread pudding lover, you must tries Stanford Grills, its to die for.

Baltimore, Maryland
“Upscale casual”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I rarely see a lot of small children or teens here, which is a plus for me. Much more grown up than the Cheesecake Factory or Changs. Jazz trio adds an air of sophistication, but doesn't feel stuffy. Bar service is consistently good. Roasted chicken is a signature dish....a bit too salty for me but all my friends love it. I swear by the prime rib and the BBQ ribs- always delicious. Reservations a must for weekend dining.

• Visited April 2013
Maryland
“A real mixed bag”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

My friend had surf and turf with spinach and orzo, and he said it was all cooked perfectly. The spinach did look gorgeous! I had the vegetable plate. The roasted veggies were excellent, but the tomatoes were overwhelmed by their dressing, and the cucumber salad didn't go very well with the rest. All the food was fresh, and portions were large.

The service was efficient. However, we had the world's most loquacious server; she meant well, but she almost drove us crazy. The live jazz was lovely and distracted us from how noisy the place was. If I go back, it will be because I love live music, and not many restaurants have it.

• 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
“Fantastic food, great atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Overall, great place to eat.

Live Jazz music, I believe it is every night starting around 6. Very nice bar which is close enough to the music so you can enjoy it. If there is any downside to the restaurant, it can get loud when it is crowded (and it is always crowded).

Never had any food there that we didn't like. Favorites include anything with their rotersserie chicken, especially the chicken pot pie.