“Live Jazz and Great Food”
Review of Stanford Grill

Stanford Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Stanford Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 261 Restaurants in Columbia
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: At Stanford Grill, food is our passion. Our commitment to ensuring you enjoy your dining experience is illustrated in our approach to the menu. Every day, our chefs handpick the freshest produce. Our chef-inspired dishes are made to order and prepared in our open-air kitchen, making you part of the culinary experience. Come enjoy the ambiance, savor exceptional American cuisine and sample our array of red and white wines. Stanford Grill: American cuisine at its finest.
Rockville, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Live Jazz and Great Food”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Our second time here confirmed our opinion after our first visit...great place to eat while enjoying some live music. Fantastic service and excellent food...fresh and perfectly prepared. Only negative is that it's a bit noisy but that certainly won't keep us from returning.

• Visited July 2013

Portland, Connecticut
“Love, love, loved this restaurant”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We were staying at the Courtyard Marriott which is next door and I could smell the wonderful food as we entered the hotel. Be sure to let the Stanford Grill know that you are staying at the Marriott, you get a free dessert.

We had a fabulous waiter, Mark who made our visit extra special. We started with calamari which had the best sweet Thai sauce. We then shared one of their roasted chicken haves which was delicious and finished up with the huge piece of key lime pie. It was a perfect meal.

The restaurant is beautiful, service was beyond excellent and the food was delicious. What more could you ask for? It was enough to make me want to stay at that hotel again, that's for sure.

• Visited June 2013
“Nothing to write home about”
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

I was excited to try this restaurant on a recent trip as it had been recommended a few times. I got the Crab cakes and a Cesar salad to go and the food was really just okay. For the price and hype, I expected more. Maybe it would have been more amazing if I ate at the restaurant. I did find the staff to be very friendly and helpful, and would give it another try.

Amherst, New Hampshire, USA
“Great!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Based on recommendations from local business contacts, we had a meal at this restaurant. Service was great and the food was excellent! I really liked the crab cakes and the chocolate desert was worth the calories.

Visited June 2013
State College, Pennsylvania
“Very good food”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Went to Stanford Grill with family and because of their recommendation. Nice atmosphere but we were seated by the fireplace, which was on and it was a little warm. They kindly shut it off for us. It was June!!!

We were originally looking at salads but after seeing the roasted chickens go by, I had to try one. I ordered the half chicken and the plate was over flowing. Chicken was very moist and tender, great seasonings and a large portion for the price. The mashed potatoes and green beans were a nice accompniament to the meal.
My Wife stuck with the Rotisserie Chicken Salad. We were both expecting a larger portion, both with the salad and the amount of chicken that was served. While it was tasty, she was not too satisfied with her meal. I would definitely go back but my Wife would order something else.