“Great Lunch Spot” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Stanford Grill

Stanford Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Stanford Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 252 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: At Stanford Grill, food is our passion. Our commitment to ensuring you enjoy your dining experience is illustrated in our approach to the menu. Every day, our chefs handpick the freshest produce. Our chef-inspired dishes are made to order and prepared in our open-air kitchen, making you part of the culinary experience. Come enjoy the ambiance, savor exceptional American cuisine and sample our array of red and white wines. Stanford Grill: American cuisine at its finest.
washington state
“Great Lunch Spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I met up with five family members here for lunch. They had all been before but it was my first visit. We started with 3 appetizers - the artichoke dip and guacamole were really good. The salsa tasted too strongly of vinegar for my and my sister's taste.

For entrees, my sister ordered the same thing she got last time - chicken salad. I had a bite of the chicken and it was perfect - tender and juicy. My brother in law also got the same thing he had last time - rattlesnake pasta. I didn't taste it but he was obviously pleased with it. My mom got the salmon and raved over it along with the asparagus - wasn't crazy about the rice. My nephew got the ahi burger and said it was good but not his favorite (he works in Columbia and has been here many times). I ordered the Ahi salad which was awesome. The only thing I would do different is I'd ask for the dressing on the side, partly because it had more dressing than I like and partly so I could take part of it home as their portions are very generous.

The service was really good - very attentive and pleasant. The only exception is that my mom and I don't drink ice water. They initially brought us water with no ice and included a plate with lemon slices, which was a nice touch. But when they came back to refill glasses, the woman said "I can pour this without getting ice in the glass". She poured ice cold water in my mom's glass, only getting 2 cubes in but we didn't want ice cold water. She never offered to refill my glass. I don't think it should be too much trouble to bring room temp. water.

• Visited June 2013

“Perfect pot pie!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

This place is beautifully decorated, the service was great but the star of the show was this huge chicken pot pie. This is a full pie not one that just has the crust on the top. The gravy and veggies were delicious- lots of chicken with a little spice to it. Definitely enough for 2 people or 1 to have leftovers the next day!

Alexandria, Virginia
“Off the beaten path”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I've eaten at this restaurant three times and each visit was as close to perfect as it gets. Great staff offers professional-level service, and the food is excellent. There are rotisserie chickens cooking in the back, so you know the food is very fresh. Homemade guacamole is smoky and good, the ribs are great and my salmon burger was delish. If you like coleslaw, you'll love it here. People say this restaurant is hard to find - well, get out the GPS and find it! Great value, too.

Baltimore, Maryland
“Visit often for lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

The atmosphere is great and the outside seating is wonderful, but not much of a view but the highway. The appetizers I like the best are the guc and crab tater tots when they are available. I always have the rotisserie chicken salad which is great but enough for two people. The staff is very attentive and anyone of them is willing to help when needed.

Columbia, Maryland
“Surprising dining experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

We went to the Stanford grill last night and had a less than pleasant experience. There were four of us each having something quite different. The first thing was everyone's food was very spicy. The house and Caesar salad had a bite to them. My daughter had a chicken pot pie while very good was to spicy to eat and she likes spicy food. I ordered the filet butterflied. I did so because I wanted it medium well, barely no pink. I was told I had to order it well done. It came out very over cooked and again had a very spicy crusted topping. My brother an law ordered the Hawaiian fish which he said was good but not hot. My sister ordered a New York strip medium asking specifically if that's what they called pink no red. The server said yes it came out blood red. She couldn't eat it and the server very nicely too it back to cook a little longer. By the time it came back we had finished what we were eating and it looked the same. We did not want to complain again because Kara the server did her best and she by the way was very good. So the food was nothing to tell friends about. The interior is nice but very loud. I am taking it off my list but maybe you may try it yourself and have a better experience. I wrote this review because my family has tried the restaurant three times and we just weren't impressed to want to go back.