“Great Atmosphere, AWESOME staff , SUPERB Sunday Brunch” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Stanford Grill

Stanford Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Stanford Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 250 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American, Gluten Free
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: At Stanford Grill, food is our passion. Our commitment to ensuring you enjoy your dining experience is illustrated in our approach to the menu. Every day, our chefs handpick the freshest produce. Our chef-inspired dishes are made to order and prepared in our open-air kitchen, making you part of the culinary experience. Come enjoy the ambiance, savor exceptional American cuisine and sample our array of red and white wines. Stanford Grill: American cuisine at its finest.
Owings Mills, Maryland
“Great Atmosphere, AWESOME staff , SUPERB Sunday Brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Being the foodie that I am, I have been meaning to visit Stanford Grill. But up until yesterday nothing really grabbed me on the menu ( it isn’t very extensive).However, after some ridiculous wait times at other restaurants for Mother’s Day we decided to call them and see how long the wait was to be seated. To my surprise it was only 20-30 minutes so we headed there immediately for Sunday Brunch. When we arrived we actually got seated right away on their beautiful covered/heated patio. It was perfect because yesterday was pretty but a little chilly and windy. The heated patio allowed us to enjoy the outside and still be comfortable in temperature.

Pros
• Food was EXCELLENT! I mean everything that we ordered was exceptional! I recommend the French Toast ( make sure you ask for some of their awesome whipped cream) and the Crab Scrambled
• Service was great even on busy Mother’s Day. Our waiter was very nice and even the other wait staff were helpful and friendly. Everyone was smiling, employees seem to be happy working there. They also gave all the mom a box of truffles!
• Atmosphere was great, I love being seated outside and the heated patio was phenom
Cons
• The food took a little while to come out and they don’t offer any bread & butter to snack on while waiting, but I can get pass this since we were seated immediately with no wait on Mother’s day!
• There is no kids Sunday Brunch Menu, my 3 year old had to get a full order of French toast for $12 & $8 eggs. That’s a little ridiculous especially when she never even got around to eating the plate full of eggs. Which we asked for just one egg & we were served a dinner plate full . I think every restart aunt should offer a kids menu no matter the entrée especially in well-populated Columbia. However any brunch item there is big enough to share with your toddler even if you’re expecting like I am! My waiter told me this but I was being greedy so I take some fault in having almost the whole entire meal leftover.
Overall I recommend and will be returning, possibly for Father’s Day 

• Visited May 2013

Englewood, New Jersey
“A Convenient Surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We were staying at the Courtyard Hotel that is practically in it's backyard. They were crowded but they managed to accommodate us in one of the smaller tables immediately. Our waiter, Jeff, was outstanding and very attentive and courteous. The menu is the right size so that they can do what they have well. I had their signature rotisserie chicken with mashed and green beans. My wife had the crab cakes. Both were very good and, the only thing keeping me from saying the food was excellent, they were over seasoned with salt. Huge portions, I had a house salad for starters that we enjoyed very much. As hotel guests, we were entitled to a free dessert. I had the bread pudding that was exceptional. I will definitely return should we be in the same area.

Visited May 2013
Columbia, Maryland
“1st time, last time”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Took my hubby on a date to this place on a recommendation from a friend. As we entered, the ambiance was nice. It reminded us of Houston's which we enjoyed eating at when we lived in South Florida. As we waited for our table we decided to sit at the bar to have a drink or two. Big mistake. What could have been an enjoyable night was salted away by a jerk bartender who was completely condescending (black guy with dreads). If your means of living is to earn tips, why be a complete jerk?

Our food tasted okay, but our night was soured early on after dealing with such rude service at the bar.

Will not go back and I recommend to avoid the bar if that bartender is there.

• 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank Columbia E
Washington, DC
“A bit noisy but the food is excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I've been here twice for appetizers/drinks at the bar and dinner. The atmosphere is upscale with a nice selection of wine and beer at the bar. The cornbread is outstanding as well as the shrimp appetizer and the lobster thermidor entree. It was a little noisy at the table and hard to have a conversation but the meal was amazing. I would definitely go back but maybe at a less busy time during the week.

• 5 of 5 stars
“Best Restaurant in Columbia MD!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

My wife and I went here after meetings in the area and the Stanford Grill is a gem! The atmosphere is up scale and would fit well in either Baltimore or DC with a great bar area. Piano player and bass player give this restaurant a touch of class missing from alot of places these days. The wait staff is top notch and attentive with their service and info on the great dishes! The Salmon dish off the menu my wife had is some of the best cooked fish she and I have ever eaten! Very impressive to experience perfectly cooked fish. I had the prime rib, which was also cooked to perfection. All items are prepared fresh to order, no frozen or precooked dishes, which is also a lost art these days. Fire place is warm and cozy along with a fire pit outside that would make for a great evening on a cool night! Try this place, you will definitely not be disappointed!