“Cozy place to dine”
Review of Stanford Grill

Stanford Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Stanford Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 261 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: At Stanford Grill, food is our passion. Our commitment to ensuring you enjoy your dining experience is illustrated in our approach to the menu. Every day, our chefs handpick the freshest produce. Our chef-inspired dishes are made to order and prepared in our open-air kitchen, making you part of the culinary experience. Come enjoy the ambiance, savor exceptional American cuisine and sample our array of red and white wines. Stanford Grill: American cuisine at its finest.
Columbia, Maryland
“Cozy place to dine”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Even though I live in Columbia, I didn't know about this place. I learnt about it from TripAdvisor while looking for some nice place to dine out for a special occasion. The food and the service were very nice but most of all I liked the environment.

• Visited February 2013

Ellicott City, Maryland
“Excellent Saturday Night Date Place”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We have dined there three or four times there on date night. The food is great, don't miss the skillet corn bread or ribs. The dining room while a little loud is cozy. We have also dined at the bar. If that's your choice ask Lawrence to make you his famous espresso martini AWESOME. All in all a great dining experience.

• Visited February 2013
Maryland
“Great chill-out spot”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Hubby and I met some friends there. There weren't enough seats for us within our party, so he and I sat at the bar. We thoroughly enjoyed the conversations with people around us, and the jazz band was great. They played loud enough so you could hear the music, but still have an "inside voice" conversation. Great food and nice atmosphere too! We came back last week for my birthday when the restaurant (where we had reservations) turned out to look more like a fast food joint!

• Visited January 2013
Eastern US
“"Just ok" on two visits”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I have read the glowing reviews on this site and, after my second visit, have to respectfully disagree. The staff is certainly gracious and attentive. But I have found the food consistently average. On this last visit I ordered the vegetable plate. The tomatoes were tasteless, too thickly sliced and ice cold, the zucchini spears were thick cut and hard, although they appear to have been grilled. Thankfully I asked for the "blue cheese vinaigrette" on the side -- it was nothing more than thin, sour balsamic vinegar with floating pieces of curdled blue cheese. They could do with a few more lights as well. It's so dim some of the staff walked around with flashlights. I'm all for romantic lighting, but this was too much. My final "nit" on a very cold, snowy, night is that there was no place to hang my long coat. At the Stanford's prices I don't expect to have to sit on my coat. That all being said, the place is consistently packed so reservations are definitely a must if you plan to go.

• Visited January 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Good food, bad service”
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Food was good, but service was horrendous. Also, they sat us outside next to door and it was 18 degrees outside and heater didn't really help.