“Amazing Gyros and Great Pizza”

Upper Crust Pizza & Deli
Order Online
Ranked #130 of 299 Restaurants in Columbia
Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

I've been to Upper Crust twice so far and had a great experience both times. The lamb gyro was delicious and the pepperoni pizza was tasty and reasonably priced. Staff was very friendly on both occasions. Will definitely be back.

Date of visit: August 2018
2  Thank cyrrilfiggis

Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

This place was right around the corner from the Sonesta Suites we stayed at (AMAZING hotel stay, by the way) and we are extremely grateful for that! The owner was one of the nicest peeps that I have ever met, the prices were excellent, the service was on point AND, the Jerk Were, without doubt, the best wings that I have EVER had! Thank you!!!!! Seriously, will youns deliver to Harrisburg PA?

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank Joey G
Reviewed October 10, 2017

We had pizza and wings delivered to our hotel. The wings were very good - we did Old Bay and Buffalo and they were very good. The Margherita was horrible. All sauce - not at all what one would expect. The kids ate a cheese pizza and we also had a white pizza with some brocolini and tomatoes on it. It was fine but the toppings were sparse. We also ordered a gluten free crust pizza which they forgot so the entire team had eaten by the time they finally returned with it. No break on the price or anything. That part was disappointing. Average is about what we could give because of the delivery mishap and the fact that we threw away one large totally uneaten pizza.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed November 27, 2016 via mobile

We read about this as a good mom and pop place to go to. We like to try to spend our money locally if we can so we went over to Try the pizza. The only drinks they have a can or bottled so of course no refills but I think they were priced pretty cheaply as I recall. But it also means no ice for drinks and I had asked two or three times for a cup of water without ice of course. The pizza was actually very good and the pepperoni was really plentiful. However the knife and fork they gave you are the kind that you might go to the dollar store and buy. It was not useful for cutting anything or even stabbing the pizza to pick up the one or two pieces I was able to cut. I would rather raise them price a buck and buy decent cutlery. Not a place for rush back to because of the drink and cutlery situation but the pizza was pretty good.

For a locally in one place if they had the drink machine and ice and better cutlery they would definitely have gotten five stars

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed June 28, 2016 via mobile

I visited this little place with my daughter and grandchildren after visiting the National Cryptology Museum. It's probably within 5 miles of the museum. It is mentioned in an article entitled "11 Mom & Pop Restaurants In Maryland That Serve Home Cooked Meals To Die For." We ordered the meat lovers and a cheese pizza as well as some wings. I'm not a wing lover to begin with, but I don't think these were worth the price. However, the pizzas were great. The proportion of cheese, sauce and toppings was excellent. The taste of the crust was even good and I don't say this lightly as I'm usually not a crust lover! I would recommend this place and would revisit if I were in the area.

Date of visit: June 2016