“Good food, service, and atmosphere”

Hunan Manor Restaurant
Ranked #142 of 260 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Columbia, Maryland
“Good food, service, and atmosphere”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We thought we would try a new Chinese place just to break out of the mold a little. Going out to eat costs so much these days, and with a family of five, we don't like to experiment much. The food was very tasty, they used fresh meats & veggies, and definitely had their own taste. Was not greasy as I have experienced with many other Chinese restaurants. The service was excellent. I would give it a 5-star, but I save those for reviews that are way way above & beyond, although this restaurant could easily receive a 5-star from others and I wouldn't question it.

• Visited March 2013

Baltimore, Maryland
“THE BEST CHINESE!!!!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I love Hunan Manor! If I am within 10 miles of Columbia anywhere near lunchtime, I hit Hunan in the GPS and get there! Honey Sesame Chicken is the best...and all chicken is white meat only without having to ask for it or get an upcharge. Egg rolls are awesome and hot tea with every meal..what's not to love! Get there ASAP!

Visited February 2013
Maryland
“Always delicious”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

You can't go wrong. Everything we've had is good. Try to get a large circle table - you'll need at least 6 people, and they are frequently in use with large Asian families. Ask for a knife, though.

Visited November 2012
Baltimore, Maryland
“You can have it!”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

This place is extremely inconsistent- occasionally you can get a decent meal but not on a regular basis. My friend loves this place so I go occasionally and am usually not pleased. Today I ordered spring rolls, which were overcooked, filled with cabbage with one snow pea. No shrimp, pork or anything else.
I split an order of Singapore Noodles with my friend, something that is usually pretty good. Not today. It was extremely dry, only the curry seasoning came through taste wise. I ate very little and called it a day. There is no reason that a pot of hot tea should have froth on the top.

The staff is really pleasant, nice people. The orange slices at the end of the meal are a nice touch. It is clean. If you like to look at giant fish tanks and don't care about food, this place is for you.

• Visited September 2012
3 Thank winterfling
Virginia
“So disappointing”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

My family lived in Columbia over ten years ago and Hunan Manor was one of our favorite restaurants. My husband and I were in Columbia last week and we were so happy to see the restaurant still in business. However, after we ate there - we weren't happy at all. The place still looks the same - dark and dingy. I agree with some of the other reviews - service is lacking. The waitress was disinterested. Never refilled the water. She acted as if we were bothering her by showing up. The food was warm - not hot. The steamed dumplings were pasty. My husband and I split the triple delight. It wasn't delightful. Rather flat. I spit a piece of beef into the napkin (Sorry - I had no tissue); it was rubbery. Yuck. Could not wait to leave the place. We will never return.

• Visited July 2012