“No Surprises, No complaints”
Review of Olive Garden

Olive Garden
Ranked #172 of 263 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Good for: Large groups
Reviewed February 9, 2014

My wife and I went to dinner here with another couple. It was a Thursday evening, about 6 p.m. We were seated immediately. A server came right over and handed us menus and took our drink orders. Before I left home, I went online to see what sort of specials they were offering. After scanning all the different menus that the server brought us, I noticed that I couldnt find the $10 special that I had seen advertised online. I asked the server if she had another menu that contained the $10 specials that were advertised online. She came back a few minutes later and told me she couldnt find that menu, but she assured me that I could still order that $10 special. I was a bit surprised to hear that, but I decided to order the special anyway. My special included lasagna, soup or salad, and breadsticks. The lasagna was hot, plentiful and very good. Other people at the table ordered other things, but no one complained about their food or the service. The server refilled our drink glasses without being asked.

The restaurant was clean and very nicely furnished. The restroom was as clean as any public restroom that I have visited recently...in other words, it was very clean. I thought the prices were reasonable except for a few of the entrees which seemed a bit overpriced.

For anyone interested in saving a few dollars, I recommend you check with the server to see what the special promotions are at the time of your visit. Also, make sure that you are handed the menu that contains the special promotions. Dont be afraid to ask if there are any specials that you dont know about. (I can understand if the restaurant is reluctant to tell you about some of their specials. Im sure their profit margins on those specials are pretty small.)

There are newer reviews for Olive Garden

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Never did a pick up before but it worked just fine by phoning in ahead to place the order. It was ready on time as promised when we phoned ahead. Waited in the bar area and purchased their salad dressing as I heard it wwas good. Taste the same just eating in at this eatery. The place was busy with people eating at different tables.However it was another story when we left as there were four wait staff talking at the front reception desk when we left. I hope and trust no customers were waiting to get their food and/or bill as it would in my personal opoinion been poor customer service here!

Reviewed August 10, 2013

We went there on my son's request. He loves the salad and bread sticks. The dishes were good, but pricey.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We go for many different occasions and have never ever had poor service or a bad meal. My wife is so in love with the place that she won't go anywhere else for her birthday dinner. If you go during the busy times it can be busy and the wait can be awhile but they get you through fast and it's worth the wait. We have gone for probably 10 or so years. They run some great specials too,good sized portions.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We have been to this Olive Garden many times over the years.
I must say this is probably our favorite Olive Garden and we have no complaints.
Great service, great drinks, great food, nice atmosphere!