New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Pub Dog
Ranked #23 of 252 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Bar, Pizza, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Serving 2 for $4.50 House-Brewed Craft Beer's and Gourmet Thin-Crust Pizza All The Time. Happy Hour Mon-Fri 3PM to 7PM featuring $1 off all beer and liquor drinks and $6 appetizers.
Washington, DC
“Late night snack”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Stopped after seeing the Killers at Merriweather Post. Food was good, service was fast. Only complaint was the music was so loud you couldn't even talk to people at your table.

Visited August 2013

Columbia, MD
“Pub Dog Pizza Rocks...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Was surprised that the pizza was sooooo...good! Combined with the brew on tap...made for a good eating experience overall. We would go back.

Visited June 2013
OH
“Lots of fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Very cool local place. We enjoyed the pizza, numerous different beers and table top shuffleboard. It also has a nice outdoor area.

Visited June 2013
Frostburg, Maryland
“Pub Dog Pizza and Beer - excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

This was my second visit, we loved it the first time, hence the return. I wish I didn't have to drive 2.5 hours to get there. The pizza and beer selections seem infinite. Really, read the menu online before you get there. I wish there were more salad choices though...but between the salads and pizzas, if you can't find something you like, you are too picky.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Washington, DC
“Wish I could keep this place a secret!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

We LOVE Pub Dog! This is our go-to place. They have about 15 different individual-sized pizzas, a few salads, soft pretzels, and beer. What more does one need? Their seasonal beers lately have really been hitting it out of the park! My favorite pizza on the menu currently is the "Stinking Rose", it has garlic and fresh basil, with a nice, thin crust, and my husband always gets the wing dog, it's a buffalo chicken pizza. Both are yummy! It's a little noisy inside, and I'm partially deaf, so it makes going with a group more difficult for me, but I'm willing to make the sacrifice. They have dog-friendly outdoor seating, too. How cool is that?! One thing to note, it's definitely more fun to go with a group. The beers (which have a lower abv than some other craft beers) are served in two 10oz pours, so if everyone orders a different beer you can pass them around and all try them. If you go on Sundays, get their refillable cup (it's cheesy plastic, I was disappointed about that part), but then you get a discount on refills the next time you come in. The last time we were there they were having a problem with their diet Sprite dispenser. The waitress handled the issue immediately, provided me with a different selection, didn't charge me for the soda, and then comped us a shot of Grand Marnier. She went above and beyond for what I considered a minor issue. The food is consistently good, the beers are consistently good, the waitstaff are friendly and helpful... we've yet to have a bad experience.

• Visited May 2013