“Tasteless”

Copeland's of New Orleans
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I went to Copeland for dinner. Not surprisingly, most of the selections include a mix of seafood. I tried one of the few dishes that have a more earthly composition, a veal parmisan. The meat flavor was nowhere to be felt under the excessive seasoning. The service was ok but overall this was far from a great dining experience.

1  Thank R_TheReader

Reviewed August 23, 2013

If you love to jazz music and very fresh food this is the place for you. The best grits , omelets, fried fish, chicken tenders, French toast, fresh made waffle's , shrimp, shrimp dishes and so much more homemade. You won't be disappointed. Excellent food. I am a very picky eater.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I have always enjoyed Copelands in Columbia, MD, that is until tonight. This used to be the best place to go for cajun or creole food, however, my opinion is they have cut their portions down on their appetizers and entrees to control their food cost. I had three complaints tonight about their food, the appetizer (cajun gumbo ya ya) had very little else in the bowl but the rioux base. Second complaint was the portion size of my shrimp etoufee was skimpy and shouldn't be for what they charge per dish. My fiance ordered a steak dish, and that dish had a very small amount of steak in it. Honestly, I spoke to the manager about it, she comped me a couple of items for the complaints that I had, which was very nice of her. Folks, if your the kind of person that feels you should receive a fair amount of food for what your charged, then I wouldn't go to Copelands. It is a shame too, I used to really enjoy going there for dinner, can't say that I would go back anytime soon or advise anyone to go there until they change their mind on portion control and give the customer what they pay for!!!!

Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Its a cool place to eat & chill with friends.
The food is pretty good. My favs are the duck pasta and the appetizers are (jumbo) chicken wings and the sauteex crab claws Omg so good!!!!

Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

I had the chance to eat here for my friend's birthday dinner on a pretty slow Wednesday evening. Our party of 20 was seated at 730 and didn't have our orders taken until 830. There may have been 10 other people in the restauraunt. Then the wait continued until 945 when our entrées finally began to arrive. I guess those of us that ordered salad or soup lucked up since we got those items around 930. All in all it felt like we were helpless since our waitress knew that she was going to get a 20% tip anyway, regardless of the service. What should have been a 2/2.5 hr event max turned into a 4 hr ordeal. The only somewhat silver lining was that that the food was good & once we spoke to the manager, the manager gave everyone a 20% discount for the inconvenience. Bottom line, if you have more than 6 people this isn't the place for your group!