WINNER WONDERLAND

Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Woodbine, Maryland
“tasty chain”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

The service here is very good. The food is a bit above average for a chain restaurant. They will customize a sauce for you tableside

• Visited May 2012

Maryland
“Birthday Dinner with just okay food and very poor service.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

My wife and I had reservations for 5:30 pm dinner. When we placed the reservation, I was asked if it was for any special occasion and I said yes, it's for a birthday. So, when we got there, our table was ready. Not long after we were seated, our server came by and took our drink order. Within 2 minutes, another server came by and brought us 3 little bowls of sauce with no explanation of what they were for, and asked to take our drink order. When we told here that another server had already done so, she said okay and left. Well about 5 minutes later our drinks arrived, and we ordered our food. I asked if we were to get some sort of Wanton crackers or something to eat with the 3 bowls of sauce. She said she would bring some. Well, about 15 minutes later she brought my soup but no crackers. When she appeared at another table, I summoned her and I asked about the crackers. She said she forgot and would bring out two bowls ???? When the crackers came, I was finished my soup and she said sorry they weren't here to eat with the soup. So, now we have been seated for 20 minutes, and our server disappears. We were seated at 5:35, and our entrees finally arrived at the table at 6:36 pm. They were delivered by a kitchen runner. Our server comes to the table 30 seconds later and asks how we liked everything. My wife said that we haven't even tasted it yet, but we could use a refill on water. That did not come until 15 minutes later. Very, very poor service.

As stated earlier, when we made the reservation, we indicated that it was for a birthday. No mention was ever made about the birthday.

And another problem. I am not against children in a restaurant, but when you are paying the prices that PF Chang's charges, you would expect to have a pleasant dining experience. We were seated next to a large family with a baby and what looked like 2 year old. The 2 year old cried and screamed for 20 minutes. The parents ignored him, and the management did as well.

I am very disappointed with our visit and probably will not be back until I am guaranteed that service has been improved.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ruledbycats
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Celebrate the Chinese NY, they give freebies away!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

This China Bistro works. They have a great gathering bar for a afterwork or shopping stop.10, 30% off during there New Year. Friendly chain. My favorite dish is Hunan-Style Hot Fish, with Garlic Noodles and Crispy Green Beans . They have a gluten free menu, and that cool also.

Visited October 2012
Columbia, Maryland
“Happy hour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

We really like this restaurant, especially at their happy hour from 3-6. I don't really know about their drink prices, but they had a special appetizer menu for happy hour. Everything there is priced a bit lower than regular, and some things are (or in the past had been) only available off of that menu. What we have done several times is to get four appetizers, and then split an entree.

Our favorite appetizers are the chicken lettuce wraps and the flaming red wontons. The latter used to be available only off of the happy hour menu, but we noticed on this visit that they were on the regular appetizer menu as well. This time, our other two appetizers were egg rolls (2) and crab wontons.

The server brings out a tri-tray of sauces that you can use on any thing. There is a mustard sauce, a soy type sauce and a hotter sauce (sort of like siracha, aka rooster sauce). To our tastes, even the "spicy" dishes are fairly mild and so we will stir in a bit of the hot sauce.

They do have a good variety of main courses.

Here is a link to their menu pages -- I was looking at the happy hour, but the other menus will be only a click away.

As with many restaurants in the Columbia area, it pays to arrive between 5-6 pm. After 6 pm, the popular restaurants begin to fill up and the wait time grows, sometimes approaching an hour.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank R Dale S
Frederick, Maryland
“Great Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

Visited P.F. Changs yesterday at 3:00pm. It was very busy for 3pm on a Saturday. Service was a little slow but not awful. The waiter was very nice and pleasant. I love the atmosphere at P.F. Chang's. The lighting is subdued so it has a romantic feel to it. The food was wonderful, as usual, and portions were good even though we ordered the Dinner for Two which was $39.99. Desserts were rather small which is expected with those sort of deals.

• Visited January 2013