“Very good Indian food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations, Seating
Baltimore, Maryland
“Very good Indian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I have been there twice, once with Indian friends and we ordered off the menu and another time I went for the buffet. The food is very good and flavorful. I liked their buffet too. It was a good way to try many different menu items.

• Visited March 2012

Baltimore, Maryland
“Nice restaurant with consistently good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We patronize Akbar at least once a month because we like the food and the restaurant staff. Although we've tried other Indian restaurants, we always end up back at Akbar. Every time we go, we try to order something we haven't previously tried. Unlike many chain restaurants that opt for large portions so they can charge more, the portions at Akbar are about the right size. There's a sufficient quantity to fill you up with a little left to take home. All the food is made fresh and is reasonably priced. One good thing about this establishment is that there is no one waiter for each table. If anyone on the staff notices you need more water or something else, they'll get it for you. It doesn't matter if you're technically "their" table. Akbar could stand some updating, but is a nice place to eat.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
Zionsville, Indiana
“Friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I've been to Akbar Restaurant on multiple occasions. I travel for business to Columbia about once a month, and Akbar is one of my standby restaurants when I want food I know I will enjoy and don't have the time or energy to travel out of Columbia. I've never been disappointed, and the evening staff is especially friendly and warm. Love this place!

Visited October 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great Indian restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Great service, great food, fair prices. Our group of 4 each had different meals and they were all great - two varieties of Lamb, Salmon, and Baked Eggplant. The staff was very warm and friendly. Frequent checking on customer needs without being annoying. Each person gets their own burner to keep the entree warm and you get as much safron rice as needed. Plenty of great Indian drinks like Mango Lassi and they give you a nice take home box. Well worth a trip.

• Visited May 2012
Elkridge, Maryland
“Great Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

The service is good, food is fabulous- the best masala ever! I like the ground (keema) masala.
The place is needing redecorating. it's always busy and does a great take out business but the place is really looking worn. the old pink/coral and teal aren't doing it and the seats are torn. It's really time for some renovations. So, it's not the nest looking place, but it does have the best indian food around!

• Visited December 2011