“Not experts at Indian cuisine but we enjoyed our meal very much”
Review of Akbar Restaurant - CLOSED

Akbar Restaurant
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations, Seating, Takeout
Fulton, Maryland
“Not experts at Indian cuisine but we enjoyed our meal very much”
Reviewed October 1, 2011

We are not familiar with Indian cuisine so we can't offer an expert opinion of Akbar's food but we enjoyed our food. We chose non-spicy items but for those who prefer spicier food, that was also available on the menu. We had the Mulligatawny Soup which was a creamy mild soup with a very nice flavor. One of us had the Chicken Korma (very tender chicken in a mild coconut and yogurt sauce) and the other had the Lamb Rogan Josh (a lamb stew in a mild tomato sauce). They come with a large platter of rice and you can easily share your entrees. We also had one order of the nan bread which was very good and great to soak up the sauces. Both entrees were very tasty; we preferred the chicken one only because the meat was so tender. The lamb was not quite as tender but it was also very good.

• Visited October 2011

Baltimore, Maryland
“2.5 / 5.0”
Reviewed August 22, 2011

For my own personal taste in indian food, I felt this place was just below average. Which surprised me considering I absolutely love the food at Akbar in Baltimore (Charles St.)... the menu looked the same and I can't tell if it's the same people running both operations???

We started off with some vegetable samosas, garlic naan, and for the main course we split the Lobster Malai Khasa which we have had countless times at the other Akbar location. The samosas were great, but the sauce in the lobster dish was drastically different than we remembered and riddled with Lobster shell fragments. This was also the first garlic naan we have had without cilantro on it, and we really missed it... In my overall opinion, I felt the food at this place was lacking. If there was a silver lining, it would be that the service was pretty good.

• Visited August 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
“Very good food”
Reviewed July 30, 2011

I really enjoyed my dinner at Akbar. It was fun trying new food, make sure everyone orders something different so that you can share. We ordered chicken dishes but I don't recall the names. I believe we had Noni bread as well.

maryland
“Not the best Indian I've had”
Reviewed November 4, 2010

Tried their lunch buffet this past weekend and I was not impressed at all. It was very tacky inside and small. The buffet set up was really inconvenient as a consumer because we had to move the cover over and up because 1 big pan held 2 dishes with 1 lid. Their food was very very salty especially the chicken tikka masala and the chana masala. The chicken was hard also. Their gulab jamun was good as well as their naan but I really wanted some good chicken tikka masala!

Detroit, Michigan
“We love Akbar!”
Reviewed July 17, 2009

This is one of our favorite restaurants. We love Ashok - he mixes a mean cocktail!

1 Thank Fitzgig