“Decent but Not Great”

Ranked #71 of 277 Restaurants in Columbia
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 29, 2013

My group of four ate at this restaurant in mid-May. Our overall impression was that Noodles Corner was decent but not a great Asian restaurant. All four of us are vegetarian so Thai or Asian restaurants are usually good bets. The selection was good, however, there was no information on the menu about being able to substitute tofu for the meat. When we asked they were happy to do so, but it would be nice if it was on the menu up front. The waitress hung around waiting for us to make up our minds even when she could tell we were not ready to order. It would have been nice to have a few minutes space. Since we were going to share the dishes we asked for mild spice level to match the taste level of the lowest person. As a result two of the dishes were fairly tasteless. The so called "Wonderful Chicken" with tofu substituted for the chicken was actually quite tasty and the Pad Thai was pretty nice. It would be nice for the "mild" to at least have some flavor.

Service was fast and the atmosphere was quite nice. Many Thai restaurants tend to be more dingy and have a closed in feeling, but this one was open and did not have that feeling.

Overall a decent place that we would return to now that we know substitution is possible. Several deficits caused my score to be less than excellent. The food is definitely not up to better Thai restaurants I've been to, but it is a decent place.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

I've been going to this place every few months for several years. The service is good. The meals come out hot. There's never a line to eat. There are no daily specials though. The booths on the side look a bit worn and need more padding. Perhaps I ordered the wrong item but my N14 meal was just okay last night and didn't taste as fresh as usual.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I've been here numerous times and all I can say is I love their Pad Thai. Never had a bad meal. Service is good, food comes out fast.

1  Thank John M
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We've been going here for years. The food was always really tasty, hot, and plentiful. The staff knew us, and the service was incredibly fast. I don't know if they've gotten a new chef in past couple of months, but the food isn't as good as it used to be. The steamed chicken pot stickers, which we ALWAYS ordered, taste different now, and not in a better way, and the Feel Good Noodles are now doused with pepper or some other hot spice to the point of discomfort. If you want this item, make sure you say "No pepper at all!" when you order.

1  Thank TripLady5
Reviewed November 19, 2012

The staff here is so nice. I have been coming since they opened years ago. The food is always good and the staff friendly. I always do takeout but ocassionaly eat in! Yum!