“Missteps by server and kitchen” 3 of 5 stars

Bertucci's
Ranked #30 of 251 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Severn, Maryland
“Missteps by server and kitchen”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I recently visited this bustling restaurant for the very first time at high-noon on a Friday. I expected it to be busy, and it was, however, the hostess was friendly and even offered us a choice of the available tables. The place was hopping! There was a very long delay before we were approached by our server, but we try to be patient when it's busy like that. Anyway, we finally got service, the waiter was very friendly, but it was another very long time before our drinks were delivered. I see that he is trying to multi-task by bringing a round of drinks for several tables at once and I get that. So that said, here's what got under my skin: I ordered Frutti de Mer (seafood stew) and my partner ordered the Soup and Sandwich special. Then he bolted before even asking what choice of soup and whether garden/caesar salad. When the bread finally arrived, he also brought a large bowl of the house salad. I dug in solo as I thought it came with my entree (it did). Then later, my entree arrived w/o anything for my dining companion. Huh? When asked, the waiter said that "since a salad came with my entree, he thought it would be easier if he just brought a big bowl of salad for us to share." Meaning, my companion lost the choice of salad. I get that he was trying to save time and steps, but I was offended that he just thought that's what we would like. In reality, we wanted to try the caesar. Anyway, my seafood stew was unremarkable and, at times, inedible. The kitchen had thrown a bunch of mussels in and, at some point, had shattered many of the tips of the shells. It was not pretty. And dangerous, coz when sopping up the broth with my bread, I picked up many of the shell shards and, luckly, did not swallow them. Altogether an unfortunate experience and I don't expect to be going back.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars

Eldersburg, Maryland
“Fast and Friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My wife and I stopped at Bertucci's in Columbia, MD, before the movies on a Fruday evening. We were greeted promptly, led to our seat, and welcomed by our server right away. Our server was super friendly, gave us some menus, told us about some specials, and took our drink order. She was back with the drinks in about 5 minutes, and took our order, too. I had the Antipasto Sampler as my dinner and it was great. The Antipasto Sampler consists of Mozzarella Fritta (fried cheese), Tuscan Chicken Wings (with just a little 'zip') and Meatballs (large & flavorful) in pomodoro sauce. My wife had the Grilled Chicken Marsala. Tender chicken breasts grilled and topped with mushrooms in a Marsala wine sauce with green beans (done perfectly) and roasted red potatoes. This dish looked exactly like the picture in the menu! We split and order of Limoncello Mascarpone Cake for dessert. Dinner for 2 with no alcoholic drinks was about $40 including tip. The food and service were certainly good enough for us to try it again.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Haarlem, The Netherlands
“Excellent for the meat lover”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

We had a great meal here after a movie in the cinema nearby. The service was prompt and friendly, the beer was good and there was a a wide choice. The pizza was marvelous. We took there signature meat one with four types of meat and it was truly delicious. The big one was more than enough for two men after a movie with enough left to take home for the football the next day. One of the best Italian places in the area!

Baltimore, Maryland, United States
“Better if you dine in”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

My wife and I placed an order online for some Bertucci's pizzas on Friday night so that we could pick them up after shopping at Wegman's across the street. Although the food was very tasty and hit the spot, it did not compare with the quality we experience when we dine in. The main issue is that the temperature of the food isn't ideal. We only live 5 minutes away from Bertucci's, and by the time we arrived home the food was lukewarm at best. There is something about receiving the food right from the brick oven...

Some positives:
+The first time you order online you receive a $10 coupon (if you spend $20).
+You can order up to 10 complimentary rolls (yum!!!) with your online order. We only received seven in total, but that is probably for the best...
+You can pay online or in the restaurant upon pick-up
+The carry-out attendant will show you your food before leaving the restaurant to ensure that it is what you expected.

Don't get me wrong; Bertucci's is still incredible. But if you have the option of dining in, choose it.

• Visited July 2012
Maryland
“decent, for a chain”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

We eat at Bertucci's when we want food fast and close by.If you're getting carry out be sure to check your order before leaving, they make a lot of mistakes.

Visited June 2012