“best sushi in the area”
Review of Sushi Sono

Sushi Sono
Ranked #11 of 271 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I visit here often and it is by far the best sushi in the county. The lobster roll and bridal veil are excellent and the staff is always friendly and helpful. The only down side is the prices, but at least you get what you pay for here. Beware as the staff always pushes the "special" which is usually the most expensive thing on the menu.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

A key to dining here at Sushi Sono is seking out the daily specials that includes many types of very fresh sushi rolls and sashimi. We sampled many types and all were incredibly delicious ! We chose the black snapper appetizer / special of the day for the six of us. We each had two or three bites with the remainder of the fish used for our miso soup. The wait staff were very accomodating and explained each dish before we ordered. Better make a reservation, as this is a popular restaurant. There is limited seating at the sushi counter. We chose seating in one of the Tatami rooms. It was very private and felt like a special occasion. Those rooms seat up to 10. The main dining room provides a wondrful view of the lake. Make sure to ask to sit away from the door or waiting area as it gets very busy there. Bottom line here is the food and service was fantastic.

Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

The best sushi I have ever had! The service and atmosphere were amazing. I will definitely be going back, and I recommend this place to everyone. You will not be disappointed!!

Reviewed October 26, 2013

We eat a lot of Japanese food, and this was one of my favorite meals. The waitress did a very good job of guiding us to the freshest and most interesting items on the menu. For example, I usually don't like mackerel, but the baby mackerel first served as sashimi and then crispy fried bones was great. All the dishes were delicious.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I travel a lot internationally and eat sushi whenever possible because it's fast, easy and fairly light. Sushi Sono is my favorite and easily beats anything in Japan (even though they are Chinese) because the servings are not only incredible fresh, but they also cut their portions for American palates. Nice big pieces of the freshest fish. Try their toro (fatty tuna belly) nigiri. To die for.