“Good food, drinks okay”

The Ale House Columbia
Reserve with OpenTable
The Ale House Columbia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 261 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Maryland
“Good food, drinks okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

We ate on a Thursday night, and had an overall good experience. The food was good (we both got burgers), and the pretzels were excellent. The beer selection was great, however my wife got a couple of the mixed drinks and was less than impressed. Also, we found it interesting that it took several minutes for a group next to us to be allowed to sit at a table rather than a booth, when there were about 7 empty tables.

• Visited October 2013

Henrietta, New York
“Large and in charge”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

The Al House is a great place. It's a ver large restaurant with three bars, lots of different beers and great food. We both had the Al House burger and it was delicious.

• Visited October 2013
Westminster, Maryland
“Nice brew pub/restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

I took my team out to lunch here. Everyone was very happy. I myself had he chop salad w/chicken. It was very good. One person had the meatloaf and was very impressed. Since it was lunch we didn't have "drinks". But I've actually stop by one other time after work and they have an impressive beer selection.
Lunch for 5 of us, 2 apps and drinks (soda) came to around $100. Not too bad.

• Visited September 2013
Elkridge, MD
“Good Food and Service for a Monday Evening”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

We had heard the place can get packed on the weekends, so my husband and I decided to try it on a weekday day evening; we were pleasantly surprised you could enjoy the happy hour specials while sitting in the dining area and did not have to be in the bar. There was definitely a wide selection of beer and neat drinks, in particular a chili infused margarita which was delicious. The burgers we had were very good but felt a little pricey but thankful at least the drinks and appetizer were at happy hour prices and decent open table points for the reservation.

• Visited September 2013
Columbia, Maryland
“Good Food, Average Service, Too Pricey”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

I have been here twice. Once I sat at the bar and was served quickly, had a pulled pork sandwich which was good (not great) and the beer selection was great.

The second time I came here was with my wife. We sat on the patio outside which was a nice atmosphere. The waiter forgot about us, came back to take our order 10 min later and had forgotten to give us beer menu's, meal menu's or take our drink order. We got the menu's promptly, put in a order and was informed 5 min later that they were out of both beers and that the menu's should have been marked. We guessed at 4 other beers and found out they were all out as well. He took an order and our menu's and left to get us properly marked ones and never returned.

A waitress brought us our food, gave us new unmarked beer menu's and our check. She was slammed with tables outside and her service was much better than I could do. I left her a good tip for trying, I hope she got most of it.

Overall spent $55 for two drinks and two entree's. A little high for a single couple's meal. Would have liked it to have been in the $40-$45 range.

Food was average. I had a burger, medium well was very well done on this occasion.

• Visited August 2013