“Excellent Hotel”

Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia / South
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 30, 2013

The hotel is amazing from the appearance to the quality of the staff. My family and I have stayed here twice. We will choose this hotel anytime we are in the DMV area. Worth the price and the complimentary breakfast is great, there is variety of items that you can enjoy.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Clean and efficient hotel. Staff extremely helpful and attentive. Breakfast was adequate but not great. Parking lot was spacious but could use a little more lighting. Location is close to stores and highways.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

This was the nicest Hampton Inn I've ever stayed in. The lobby and room decor was modern and tasteful. The lobby area was beautiful. The indoor pool was a saltwater pool which eliminated the usual, overpowering chlorine smell. The complimentary breakfast was tasty and provided a nice variety.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

If you're looking for a clean, friendly, affordable hotel to stay in the Columbia area, look no further. I've stayed at some very nice hotels (Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott) with all the amenities in my travels but this one is by far the best for customer service I've experienced...EVER. Hotel is fairly new and is kept spotless. The staff is very friendly and more than accommodating. If there was a rating above Excellent, this Hampton Inn would get it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
CoryCartwright, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia / South, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We take a lot of pride in our team and our efforts to be one of the best hotels around. I will share your comments with our team as we consistently like to learn from both the good and the bad. Your feedback will definitely be a positive reinforcement for their efforts.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is one of the best hotels I have stayed at. The staff couldn't do a better job! Here are some extra characters to make the tripadvisor review happy. No one likes to write novels without being paid.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

I stayed here for business for three nights last week and it meets my needs as a business traveller to a tee. Well stocked pantry downstairs with a quick bite to eat and beer/wine for nights when I need to just sit in the room and work. Within a couple of miles of any retail/restaurant you'd ever want. Near the interstate, exceptionally friendly and accommodating staff. Free internet and parking. Allowed me to focus on the business at hand. I don't want hassles when I am staying in a motel for the week, and this one took all that stress out of the equation. I will stay there whenever I am in that town, and I am not even at the top of this chain's points program. I typically seek out Hyatt Place or one of the Marriott brands, but this specific Hampton Inn is at the top of my list now.

Room Tip: They upgraded me to a suite, for no reason (I am not a preferred customer there) and it was the sam...
Reviewed May 23, 2013

This is a brand new Hampton Inn. Very clean and shiny. The staff was great. The only reason that I didn't give it 5 stars is because in typical Hampton Inn fashion, they ruin the breakfast every time. Why can't they just make scrambled eggs, and let the guest add their own accouterments. I hate when they mix stuff in with the eggs. If I'm able to add my own sugar and cream to my coffee, to bring it my liking, then I can probably handle doing the same with my eggs. STOP thinking for me Hampton Inn. Also, Western omelets, really??? Bagel toppers? The bagels are there. Let me top them. I don't want some pencil pusher deciding what I want on my bagel. I avoid Hampton Inn like the plague because of the breakfast. And where do they get that onion skin thin bacon from anyway? It looks like it should be in a science lab under a microscope. And the Turkey Sausage, yeah, I said it, Turkey Sausage. Enough said.
Wake up Hampton Inn. Fix the breakfast, and I'm there every time.

1  Thank TheRealDeal_12