“Delicious!”
Review of Maiwand Kabob

Maiwand Kabob
Ranked #44 of 263 Restaurants in Columbia
Description: In addition to the original Maiwand Kabob at Harper's Choice, this site combines a fine dining room experience with the takeout options & extra menu choices and specials.
Reviewed July 24, 2014

All the food I have had is simply delicious and not expensive. Good for takeout. Restaurant is very very small.

There are newer reviews for Maiwand Kabob

Reviewed July 16, 2014

I got two orders of Lamb & chicken Kabobs to go for my son and me.
The meat was well cooked & tender and the spices not too bad. My son, who has been to Afghanistan, liked the meal very muck. I only liked the meat, not the appetizer nor sides.
The kabobs were made after I ordered so they required a wait, but were fresh.
Chalk this up to cultural differences.
While I'll never return, he will.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Bad Service, Rude Employees, and to top it all off there was a RUBBER BAND INSIDE my KOFTA KABOB!!! I am not sure whether or not this happened on accident or if they did it intentionally, but either way it is completely unacceptable!

I would STAY AWAY FROM this place, way to many other places to eat with better food and service in Columbia!

1  Thank III_owl
Reviewed June 4, 2014

We usually go to the small, less formal restaurant on Harper's Farm in Columbia. The kabobs are the best in the area. Everything is good -- the chickpeas, pumpkin, samosas, mantwo, bread, green sauce, everything is spiced well and delicious,

Reviewed April 8, 2014

This restaurant and take out is in the center of Harper's Choice shopping area, Columbia. I've never eaten inside, and it's just a typical small place and appears most folks just take out. I loved the Chicken Tikka Kabab which was dark meat chicken which were legs. I thought this dish was outstanding. I love the seasoning. Everyone else got Kofta Kabab, which is ground beef wrapped in a stick. It is always good and seasoned perfectly. The dinners come with Basmati Rice and a small salad. The only misstep for me was a appetizer of eggplant. It was very greasy and kind of a big mess- its cooked in tomatoes, green pepper and served with a yogurt sauce. All of the vegetables were non- distinguishable. The complimentary Tandori Bread is awesome. Like pita, but thicker and soft, and plenty of it. I'm sure this is homemade. All in all, this is great place for some different take out food with reasonable prices- skip the pizza and burgers, and get a taste of middle eastern flavors.