“Used to be the best......now its not”
Review of Maiwand Kabob

Maiwand Kabob
Ranked #37 of 269 Restaurants in Columbia
Description: In addition to the original Maiwand Kabob at Harper's Choice, this site combines a fine dining room experience with the takeout options & extra menu choices and specials.
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Dont know if management has changed or what but Maiwand Kabob has fallen off. Two of my friends got food poisoning from it and I got raw salmon from there!
This place was my go to spot and now I have to stay far far away from it. The food they give to go is lacking and you pay a lot of money for it. The quality is so incredibly bad now it s a shame!
Be careful and check your food twice before leaving.

1  Thank RKMax

Reviewed December 18, 2012

From the time we walked in until we left the experience was top notch. The aromas were wonderful when we first opened the doors. As we approached the order counter a very personable young lady (the owner's daughter) was helpful with the explainations of the different dishes on the menu and the special of the day. The decor was nice and the tables clean and nicely spaced. Our meals came to us piled high with nice warm rice, bread and our entrees. My wife had the Kabuli Pallau with Lamb, one of the Weekend Specials. I had the Sabzi Challow..Spinach with Lamb and a Side Salad; very tasty all. Our server checked on us several times, keeping our water glasses filled and answering any questions we might have. I will return and recommend that anyone having a "hankering" for tasty Afghanistan food pay a visit to this wonderful restaurant!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We checked this place out on a cold and miserable Sunday afternoon based on Trip Advisor's good reviews. We were really happy with our meal. The prices were not bad, especially for Columbia. The meats were very tender and seasoned well. I had the chicken and my husband had the lamb special. We tried 2 appetizers- the pumpkin and the eggplant. There was a lot of moisture in them, which might bother some, and a lot of yogurt, but the flavors were nice. Overall we were pleased and will definitely go again to try some other dishes. Also the inside of the restaurant was nice and inviting with good middle eastern tunes.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

The quality and taste of Kabab is irresistable! I am from the middle east, and I was always searchig for the excellent taste and the unique middle eastern cusine Kabab, and finally I found Maineook Kabab. Absolutely delicious!

1  Thank shifaajeddah
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Awesome food. Aawesome service. The food quality is remarkably superior to their fast-food alternatives. I love the private curtained section for family dine-Ins.