WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
Hanover, United States
“Decent Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2014

The place was clean and the staff was friendly, but the internet was out for four days with no word on when it was going to be fixed. As I was in need of internet during my stay, it caused me to go over on my cell phone data, so I wish there could have been a little more help in this area.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Arabic first
Maryland, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2014

It is a lovely hotel. I don't know if the fact that pets are allowed caused some many carpet stains in our room. The breakfast part, I would have rather had a V8 juice drink.The WiFi wasn't working all weekend for such a higher end brand of hotels.Staff was friendly and helpful.The bed is to die for, very comfortable. The best part of our stay was the comfortable bed.

Detroit, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay. Our room was very clean and the staff is great. You get a free breakfast and they do have a variety of food to eat. The bed was kind of hard but tolerable. This is the 2nd Homewood Suites we stayed in and I would stay in one again. It is worth the money. Go through Hotels.com to get a better rate.

Copenhagen
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2014

beds are comfortable. breakfast is very good and staff at breakfast area are constantly cleaning/replenishing food. elevators are fast. i just have to mention that the person who cleaned the room forgot to bring with her the used plate that's on counter top. other than that, i like homewood suites coz they have full kitchen amenities ensuite.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

It was my first experience in Homewood Suites By Hilton and to be honest, I'm bias for my other experiences in different chains.

What follows is a review for management.
Hotel facilities are good, rooms and all amenities inside rooms are pretty good.
What make me feel different was some kind of indifference from employees, is something hard to explain because they, I believe, are doing what they are train to do, customer attention and service...just the necessary to be Ok.
So, that said, what I think they need is a little beat more of excitement when they welcome, attend, serve, greet etc, etc the customers.
Is a little beat more of.....human emotions deployment when taking care of customers!!!!!
Overall, is a good place to rest and stay after a long day of work!!!

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Essex, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2014

This hotel was easy to find and very clean. Restaurants were walking distance. Breakfast was very good. Coffee available 24 hours if you didn't want to make in room. Parking was plentiful. Rooms were very clean and smelled clean. I have yet to experience a bad Homewood Suites by Hilton. They get my vote.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Wallingford, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2014

For the cost of the room my expectations were much higher. The first room we were given had a terrible fried food odor, they did give us another room, but it was not very clean. The kitchen counter was filthy, it had spilled coffee and some sort of other spill on it. The bathroom shower was not clean either. I actually got some Clorox wipes and cleaned myself, I was shocked at what came off the shower walls. In addition the carpet in front of the air conditioning unit was wet, should have been my warning that air was going to stop working that evening.
After all this we woke in the am and went down for breakfast....there was hardly any food left. No bread, muffins, not even a bagel. Juice was warm, and we had to ask for silverware for which we were told they just came out of a new box and weren't washed, but he ran them under cold water for us...they were soaking wet when handed to us. When I asked if more food would be coming out they said no, they were very busy the morning before and had run out of food...really?
We had booked for several visits this fall and have canceled all of our reservations.
Very disappointed in this stay, really not worth the $.

• 2 of 5 bubbles