“very good stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
Denver, Colorado
“very good stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2014

We enjoyed our stay. The room was at a very good price, the room was very clean, there breakfast was better than most, and we got great service. We actually left something in the room when we checked out and figured it was a goner. I called 2 days later to inquire and the housekeeping manager called me back and said they had it . It was a bit surprising as I had a feeling that the item had been folded up in the sofa sleeper and would have been missed. I worked as a manager for Hyatt for over 10 years and it seems that lost and found with housekeeping was always an issue. I was thrilled to have our item returned to us. I appreciate the honesty and thoroughness of the housekeeping team.

The hotel allowed us to check in early which was appreciated and then on our departure day, my wife was feeling a bit ill and they extended our check out even though we did not request it until 30 minutes before the original check out. They were very pleasant about it and made us feel like it was there pleasure to do it.

Our only concern was from our own mistake. We mistakenly booked a smoking room as where we live almost no hotel still offers smoking rooms. Unfortunately, they did not have any other room they could move us to. It was only one night and it was our mistake so we made due. I do wish hotels would move to Non Smoking only as this seems to be the trend, especially west of the Mississippi River.

Room Tip: Make sure you select the right type of room as some are smoking and some are non smoking.
1 Thank John S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Arabic first
Flemington, NJ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014

This is our third time at this Homewood Suites and we have always loved it, in fact we never looked at another hotel when booking this time. I am also a longtime Hilton Honors member, and have never had a problem at all, let alone two days in a row. The second day of our three day trip, the bed in my side of the suite was barely made, I even took a photo and brought it down to the front desk. They were very apologetic and promised to let housekeeping know. The final day of our trip - housekeeping made my bed perfectly, but didn't touch the bed in my parents side of the suite! I brought the night housekeeper up to the room and showed him the bed and the photo of the day before. No one I spoke to seemed shocked, but they were all very polite and nice. I check out tomorrow morning - hopefully we will hear something from the manager. There is plenty of competition in the area and I will probably look elsewhere next time.

2 Thank Pam B
GeneralManager8320, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the staff amd managment of Homewood suites - Columbia, I would like to thank you for your recent stay with us. Also, thank you for continuing to be a loyal Hilton Hhonors member and taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor.

I do apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay. I read the review and after seeing the picture, NOT ACCEPTABLE by any standards. I met with the managers of housekeeping and reset the expectations of our staff, as well as our Room Inspectors.

Please accept my apology and I do ask that if you are in the area again, to please give us the opportunity to give your the quality service and comfort you deserve.

Actually, I would like for you to call the hotel and ask for me, so that we can discuss this issue further and come to an agreeable resolution.

Sincerly,
Norman Eaton
Fredericksburg, VA, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

We enjoyed our stay very much. The separate door to our bedroom was a big plus. Also, the price was the best we've seen! The full kitchen was a wonderful plus. We were able to bring our own meals and save on restaurant costs. (Though there were three great restaurants within walking distance.) We'd definitely stay at a Homewood Suites again!

Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

Great accommodations, with room to spread out a little, relax, work and prep a meal if necessary. Great complimentary breakfast, with a quick evening meal service as well. Walking distance to TGI Fridays, Olive Garden & Bob Evens. Great location - close access to the freeway, with a gas station nearby and a small shopping mall a half mile away. Free shuttle bus too! Plenty of parking.

Kalamazoo, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

I will start by saying that this is one of the cleanest hotels I have ever stayed in. But no amount of cleanliness makes up for downright terrible customer service. Most of the front desk staff was horrible, the "Free shuttle service" was horrible, and when I attempted to speak to a manager and ask for the services to be improved, I was told that the manager was not around, and "sorry that you are frustrated", and then I was just stared at like that was the end of the conversation.

Dear Guest,

I want to first thank you for your recent stay at our hotel, though it was an unpleasant one. I know it has been a while since you wrote this review, but I am jsut getting back from being away.

I am not sure what happened with our complimentary shuttle service, nor why our front desk person could not handle it in a more profesional manner. Accoding to the time of day, a manager should have been available. And if not, a manager shuld have been in contact with you upon their return to property.

I do welcome the opportunity to speak with you, so that a viable solution to this issue can be made. At your convienence, please contact the hotel and ask for me so this issue can be discussed further.

Sincerly,
Norman Eaton
Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

I would give this hotel an average rating altogether. I stayed there with my wife and young child while we vistied family in the area. The room was clean, the bathroom was spotless, and the bed was very comfortable. There's plenty of parking, and there are 3 chain restaurants on the same street, all within walking distance. There were 4 , but the Applebees closed in april and is now vacant. The breakfast was plentiful, and the eating area was large enough to accomodate a lot more guests than what I am used to seeing at other hotels that offer free breakfast. However, I couldn't understand why the little things were skimped: no cream provided for the coffee, only "non-dairy creamer". Grapefruit was simply cut in half and tossed into a bowl. To actually eat one, you had to take the time to cut it up yourself with a plastic knife. My biggest disappoiintment was the room size. It's advertised as a suite but it is very small, to the point of making me feel claustrophobic. After a long trip, I would have like to find a spot on the floor to stretch out my back, but there wasn't one big enough to accomodate my frame (I'm 6'3""). At bedtime, it was hard to find a decent place to put my 2 year old's pack and play. The sink is in the bedroom which only adds to the feeling of being cramped. You can expect to hear everything in the hallway--slamming doors, people talking--- and in the room upstairs from you. OK for a one night stay I suppose, and certainly fine for a solo traveler who spends minimal time in the room.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

Ok hotel. Elevator carpet needs a deep clean. Free breakfast is ok. Could do with less watery oatmeal. Comforter cover does not entirely close in the comforter so make sure you have a flat sheet as well.