“Christmas getaway”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 30, 2013

This was our 1st stay at the homewood suites in columbia, but it surely will not be our last. The suite was very clean and our housekeeper Tanya was very freindly and made sure we had everything we needed! The complementary breakfast was much more than we expected, it was a "REAL" breakfast... My kids had a great time as well as my husband and I and we are looking forward to a future stay!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed December 28, 2013

this is an excellent hotel in Columbia, Maryland. I loved the amenities, the staff was excellent, and the accommodations were top notch. It sees to cater to business people and families. The have a lovely breakfast each morning and a mangers receptions each night.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Multiple problems here. Overall it was not up to Hilton standards. The staff was not at all helpful. Upon making a reservation I asked for a room away from the elevator, and was put in one two doors away. There were no vending machines. I asked for an ice machine and was told to turn it on in the freezer and it would be ready in about 2 hours. Seriously!! A horrible stay. The room was much smaller than other Hilton Homewood Suites properties.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
NormanE45, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Hello,

On behalf of the management and staff of the Homeqwood Suites - Columbia, allow me to thank you for your recent visit to our property and taking the opportunity to write a review on Trip Advisor.

I must apologize for the inconvienences your experienced at our property. I do understand how a suite close to an elevator can be an issue, especially when it was requesed upon making the reservation to be away from the elevator. I am sure we had rooms further than 2 doors away. And because we have ice makers in the suites, Hilton has given us a waiver, BUT ice is readily available and should have been noted and not have to wait 2 hours. Our room sizes are based on the room type.

I do sincerly apologize and hope that when you are in the area again, you would give us the opportunity to make it right. We are better than this review and want you to expereince the quality stay you deserve.

Sincerley,
Norman Eaton

Reviewed December 17, 2013

During our stay one of our family members became seriously ill. Staff provided assistance in getting medical attention, allowed us to stay in our room until the situation resolved and made us comfortable, relieving some stress in a difficult situation.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
NormanE45, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Dear Patricia,

Thank you for your recent stay with us, though it was a cut short due your family medical emergency. It is my prayer that everything is much better. If you are ever back in the area, please allow us to be your hotel of choice. Have a happy and safe holiday season and a very prosperous new year!!

Norman Eaton

Reviewed December 2, 2013

My Family and I stayed for the weekend to attend a Family event. this Hotel was awesome!! this is my 3rd stay in a Homewood Suite and they just keep getting better. I am a customer for life. We had a 2 bedroom suite which was perfect!! If I could have packed the mattress in my suitcase I would have. I am generally not a great sleepler, however I slept like a baby. The room was quite and dark shades, clean and all I could ask for for. I felt so rested I was excited. The breakfast was perfect!! The ladies who were setting it out.. extremely pleasant. Although it was crowded you didnt have the feeling of having to fight for your spot, there was pleanty of food for everyone and everything was still neat and clean. I am so impressed with chain I want everyone to know..

Room Tip: If you are traving with kids. opt for the 2 bedroom.. what a delight!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Extremely clean, quiet and centrally located hotel with large suites. Plenty of kitchen amenities when needed. Right across the street are 4 nationally known restaurant chains and a gas station for ease of the clientel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 12, 2013

The staff at this location was incredibly helpful and polite during my stay. I had a minor issue with the wake up call, but it was fixed immediately upon being reported. Overall I would recommend this hotel

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business