“I'm a regular”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed May 27, 2008

I stay here once a month and I must say that the hotel is by far the best I have stayed at in the area. I have stayed in the one bedroom suite and the two bedroom suite and I have never been dissapointed. The first time I stayed here was May last year and ever since whenever there is availibility I am sure to stay here. All the staff are friendly and they are very helpful. Highly recommend this property.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business

Reviewed May 12, 2008

Stayed here for one night for a graduation. Was very happy with the room, esp. traveling with a 3yr old. Very spacious and well decorated. The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom was large and roomy. Loved the seperate kitchen with living room. The kitchen had everything you'd need. There is a small pantry in the lobby, but I found a food lion not far from the hotel and stocked up on what I needed. Didn't have time for the breakfast, but I would highly recommond this place for all types of travelers if you want to spread out and not feel like your in a typical hotel room.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank bspenard
Reviewed May 3, 2008

I spent three nights here beginning April 28 along with a large group attending a conference at Johns Hopkins University's Applied Physics Laboratory.

I was greeted warmly upon arrival and directed to my large and nicely furnished suite on the third floor. The living room included a chair, sofa, end table, and a credenza which supported the television. I did not use the kitchenette during my stay, but it appeared to be nicely equipped. The separate bedroom area contained a king size bed with end tables on either side. The dresser supported another television. The bed was very comfortable and held numerous pillows.

The bathroom was clean - but I was a bit disappointed by the water pressure from the shower head. In addition, the maximum water temperature wasn't hot enough for me.

The Homewood Suites provides breakfast every morning and a light dinner in the evening. I did not partake of the dinner fare, but it looked good - Tuesday night was meatball subs & chips. Breakfast, unfortunately, was the same each morning - scrambled eggs, sausage patties, sausage links, breakfast potatoes, a variety of breads & cereals, and a selection of juices and coffees. The food was good, but I would have liked a bit more variety from day to day.

The exercise room is a bit on the small side - a few treadmills, a bike, and a set of dumbbells. The hotel has complimentary wired & wireless internet, but I found it to be a bit on the slow side. The computer room has a pair of PC's which are even slower.

If you are like me and skip the free light dinner, the hotel is on a cul-de-sac just off the main highway and across from a large shopping center with a good variety of restaurants. If you'd rather walk, multiple restaurants including McDonalds, TGI Fridays, and Olive Garden are only a few steps away.

Overall, it was a very nice stay - nothing spectacular, but consistently good in just about all areas.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank gcmanke2
Reviewed April 17, 2008

I am not generally a fan of chain hotels, but sometimes, for an overnight stay they fit the bill and sometimes they are the only option in a location. My husband and I were 100% satisfied with our night at this Homewood Suites. We were warmly welcomed and granted an early check-in to our 1-bedroom suite. Although compact, the rooms are well laid out and thoughtfully appointed. You don't have to go looking for an outlet near the desk for your laptop or for reading lights or places to sit besides on the bed; everything is in an ideal spot. Don't like to watch TV in bed? You can snuggle up on the couch instead and choose from a wide selection of on-demand movies. Want popcorn with that? There's a complimentary pack on the table to pop in your suite's microwave. Not a do-it-yourself chef? There's a light meal served from 5:30 - 7:30 pm, plus many restaurants within a short distance. A breakfast buffet is complmentary in the morning and hot beverages are available all day. Need a printer? Use the free 24-hour business center. You can also opt to work out in the fitness room or wash clothes in the laundry with $1 tokens from the front desk, where detergent and other sundries and snacks are sold. Bedding is very comfortable, towels are generous in size and number and very plush. Water pressure and temperature were reliable. I don't want to sound like I am raving about some exotic dream luxury hotel where you would want to spend your next romantic vacation, but for a business trip or a road trip stop, Homewood Suites provides comfort and value. It feels "generous" - real glasses and mugs (there are plastic if you want take-away), no extra charge for Internet access or parking, nice furnishings. A solid choice for Columbia.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2008

EXCELLENT HOTEL! Rooms are lovely. Very plush and comfortable. The beds and bedding are wonderful....The ceiling fans are a great amenity for those of us that like to sleep in a cool room. The option to borrow their DVD player is nice. ITS CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN.... We stayed in a King Deluxe (their 1 bedrm suites) and enjoyed every minute of it.....It was a great weekend get-a-way and it truly felt like home away from home! Our #1 pick by far! Staff is super friendly (especially Lynne) and breakfast is great also. Great location close to everything and restaurants in walking distance! Will recommend to all.......SINGLES, FAMILIES, COUPLES!! The only thing that was a bit crazy was how thin the ceiling walls were....when housekeeping moved the chairs in the kitchen above, you heard it clearly....so if you work the night shift---ummmmmmmmm....would buy earplugs!!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 13, 2008

As a regular business traveller, I can confirm this is a great place to stay. Comfortable rooms (I always prefer suites where the rooms are side-by-side against the window so both rooms have a window view and this is the case here), good bathroom, shower, and sink area, and comfortable living room.

The kitchen area is not really that large... but it is fully functional with two ceramic hobs and microwave (can't remember if there was a proper oven or not) and all required utensils, etc.

Breakfast was more than adequate, although i would have preferred some additional healthy options. There are four restaurants right outside (Fridays, Olive Garden, Applebees and one other) and the Applebees is open to 12 in the week and 1 at weekends!

Weekend rates outstanding. Weekday rates don't quite justify the quality... but then if your company will pay market, then I recommend it!

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed January 9, 2008

We were on the road from NY to Florida with our teenage son. Having just stayed at the Homewood Suites in Plainview, NY, (which suited our needs perfectly) we began seeking a Homewood in Maryland.

We found this hotel which is just off I-95, within steps from 3 chain restaurants, gas station, supermarket and shopping -- all for under $100. This was by far the most inexpensive hotel during our trip.

Arriving exhausted at 9:30PM, the person at check-in was most pleasant, informative and helpful. She even upgraded our room!

Having 2 bathrooms (2 showers)/ 2 bedrooms was terrific when traveling with a teenager. The beds were comfortable and wireless speed connection was very fast.

All in all, the stay was terrific and quite a bargain. My only regret, we were only able to stay one night.

TIP: Skip the usual chain restaurants. Try Mimi's Cafe! It's fabulous!

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family