“All the comforts of home.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Double Points!
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
Arroyo Grande, California
“All the comforts of home.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Homewood Suites are your home away from home. The fully functioning kitchen and comfortable living quarters make long stays enjoyable nad relieve the stress of having to go out for every meal. The suites are a bit cramped with too much furniture, but they are well appointed. Breakfast buffet and evening reception are a nice treat.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Homewood Suites in Columbia Maryland was a stop over on our way to Williamsburg, VA. Easy off/on 95. We needed accomodations for 2 adults and 3 teenagers (15,16,17). This was the only resort that offered 2 bedrooms (1K, 2Q, sofabed) and 2 full baths. They had reasonable rates which included breakfast. The suite was very clean. The bedrooms were large and comfortable. The heating and a/c was very loud and we had to turn off the ice maker in the refrigerator. It sounded as if rocks were being thrown at the wall. The size of the livingroom and kitchen area was a bit cramped but since we were only staying one night it worked for us.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We had another wonderful stay at this hotel. Upon our arrival, the check-in was fast and the staff was very friendly. The rooms were just as I remembered them; clean and well furnished. I will have to agree with some of the other reviews and say that the moving around from the guest above us was loud and seemed as if they were coming through the ceiling at any moment. Overall, the visit to this hotel was just what I expected and I was not disappointed. Will stay here again when I am in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Avon, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

The bed was not comfortable for me (it was on the firm side). It was nicely furnished though. Not so quiet - could hear hallway doors slamming. The breakfast was pretty good, more food than most hotels I've been to. I didn't like that there was NO covered car area at the entrance, because we had to bring in all our luggage in the pouring rain and also their parked shuttle was in our way of being closer to the door. The staff was alright, not clear English in housekeeping. I am visiting the area again and am going with a different hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
Beavercreek, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have stayed here twice on business. Both times, I discovered that Big Foot really does exist, and he stayed in the room above me! On my most recent stay, he also had a cold -- I could hear the coughing and nose-blowing.
Aside from the noise from the room above me, this place is pretty wonderful. The suites were very pleasant and accommodating with nice amenities. The bed was very comfortable and had lots of pillows. The suite had 2 large flat-screen TV's. Wireless internet worked well. Breakfast includes hot entrees as well as cereal, yogurt, breads, etc. They even have free dinner in the lobby!
NOTE: The hotel does not have a liquor license.

Room Tip: I will ask to stay on the top floor next time.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank CatherineR270
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Normally this is a great place to stay. This last stay, not so. A desk clerk called at 6:00 AM insisting that I come down and pay my bill immediately. Considering that I had a) paid when I checked in and b) my credit card was on file, I found this ludicrous! After several back and forths with desk clerk, she finally gave up. Needless to say I was so annoyed, I couldn't go back to sleep so she pretty much ruined my hope of some additional sleep.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank hilary41
NormanE45, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for your recent stay with us and must apologize for the major inconvienece that this issue caused. It is not something that is frequent at our hotel and I promise to investigate this issue with the Front Office Manager and find out why an employee would badger a guest regarding a financial matter. That is what our management team is for.

I ask that if you are in the area again, please allow us to make this up and give you the quality service that you and your family deserve.

If you have any questions of concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the hotel and ask for me directly.

SIncerely,
Norman Eaton
Evans, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

My sister, cousin and friend along with my 2 grandsons arrived at the hotel at 9:30 and was allowed to check in. I had to be in court for a hearing and was allowed to check in early. I appreciated it. The accomadations were very relaxing and comfortable. When I come to Maryland again with my family this is the perferred hotel. I give it a GOLD STAR.

Room Tip: My suite was on the second floor and my sisters and I enjoyed the fact that we could all be in 1 roo...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
NormanE45, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Wilhelmina C,

Thankl you for choosing HWS - Columbia for your recent stay. I am glad we were able to accomodate you and your family not onlyu with an early checkin, but also with relaxing and comfortable atmosphere.

I pray all went well with the hearing and truly hope to see you back "at home" with us soon.

Thank you for such a favorable review and please take care and we will hold on to the "Gold Star"

Norman Eaton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbia
Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia / South
#2 of 12 in Columbia
4.5 of 5 stars 312 reviews
Courtyard by Marriott Columbia
Sonesta ES Suites Columbia

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia? Share your experiences!