“Good choice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
Stillwater, New Jersey
“Good choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Another nice stay at Homewood suites. From check in to check out a pleasure. This property is clean, quiet and has a better than average breakfast. I would recomend requesting a room on the fourth floor as in the past I have had a problem with noise from rooms above. Hotel is located close to 95 but is in a culdesac with good restaurant choices around it. No road noise problems at this property.

Room Tip: Top floor and as always request a room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Arabic first
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

I used to stay here a lot for business, but I hadn't for about a year until last week when I stayed for just one night. It was just as nice as it was before: the staff was helpful and friendly and most I recognized from before; the room was great and bed outstanding; the dinner served was extremely good and the breakfast was good.

The only negatives, which were the same as my complaints last year, were horribly slow wifi and a terrible TV channel selection.

This is definitely my favorite hotel in the area.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank frank3355
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

A group of us stayed at Homewood Suites the weekend of Wine in the Woods 2012. They offered complimentary busing to and from the event. The rooms were very clean and the complimentary breakfast was very good. We will continue staying here for this event every year!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
NormanE45, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you for your recent stay with us and a special thank you for such a wonderfu l and positive review.

I am excited that you enjoyed Wine In The Woods, which is an anual event here in Columbia and look forward to your return in 2013.

BUT, you dont have to wait till WITW 2013, we will be happy to have you anytime (hint, hint)

Again, thank you and Happy New Year!!

Norman Eatron
Chandler, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Very comfortable and quite room. Lots of space, and a good desk to do my work from. Hot and fresh breakfast in the morning. I arrived too late to take advantage of teh managers evening reception, but the menu looked great!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Glen Allen, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

This was the second time we stayed at this hotel. It is an excellent hotel. I only have good things to say about it. Great rate. Very convenient - close to 95 and not far from BWI Airport. A bonus is that the hotel is located in a 'restaurant park' that has a McDonald's, Bob Evans, Applebees, and a TGIFridays that you can walk to. Our room was a large queen suite and was perfect for my husband and me and our 20 something daughter. The room had a sleeper sofa and a full kitchen. Room was super clean. Hotel was very quiet. Staff was friendly. The free breakfast is another bonus. Breakfast was very good and included fruit, yogurt, cereal, eggs, breads. waffles.... and there is a large nice room for eating. We will definitely stay here again. Thanks Homewood Suites, Columbia, MD

Room Tip: The first time we stayed here our room had a separate small bedroom, smallish sitting area with a sl...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your return visit to our property!!

It really means alot when we are able to hit the high mark which has been placed on us, our guests. We are happy that you returned and hope you return soon.

Please have a Happy Holiday Season and come back to see us soon.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I read great reviews about this hotel but so far I am not at all pleased with the service. Staff at check in was less than friendly. We asked about the shuttle service & were told that is was offered for up to 5 miles, however when we returned to the lobby ~5 min later we were informed that they just ended the service at 9pm. I frequently travel with work and am always pleased with Hilton brands but the service at Homewood leaves much to be desired. My husband was also disappointed with the very slow elevator.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
NormanE45, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Daer MDgirl2012,

On behalf of the staff and management, I would like to thank you for your recent stay at our property. However, I must apologize for the (unusal) poor service you encounted while here.

It is true that our complimentary shuttle runs within a five mile radius of the hotel, but I am not sure why our service was discontinued at 9:00pm, especially since there was no inclement weather that would hamper driving conditions. I will follow up witht he Front Desk to see who was working at this particular time.

Our elevators were just inspected during the first week in December 2012 and was noted at operating within the normal speed guidlines. We will have our Chief Engineer to follow up on your husband's comment.

Given these two items, I hope that the rest of your stay was satisfactory and if you are in the area again, may you allow us another opportunity to serve you.

Scranton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I stayed here for a wedding party. Our room was so perfect. I work for hotels, and I did not find one thing wrong with the room and the service! The room was clean, and a great size. The staff was friendly, and very helpful. If you are in this area, STAY HERE! It's worth it!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Carla0921,

Thank you for your return to our property!!

By you being a "hotelier", we really appreciate the great review. COME BACK HOME ANYTIME :)

Norman Eaton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbia
Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia / South
#4 of 12 in Columbia
4.5 of 5 stars 369 reviews
Sonesta ES Suites Columbia
Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia? Share your experiences!