“Excellent Service”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed February 13, 2012

I held a living memorial service at this venue last October and Ms. Julia Mattis, Sales Director handled all the many details wonderfully. She was gracious, kind, creative and went out of her way to ensure everything was just as we hoped....Ms. Mattis's efforts surpassed our greatest expectations. She is a lovely woman, who personally welcomes all her guests and knows many by name. Ms. Mattis certainly goes the extra mile to ensure visits are comfortable and enjoyable. She goes out of her way to make everyone feel special and welcome. We have high expectations and this hotel always delivers. We arrange for our family and friends to stay at this particular locations whenever they visit. Frequently, we spend the weekend at this hotel just to get away from it all. It is clean, comfortable and well appointed. Ms. Mattis sees to the many extra details that make the visits extra special. Thanks Ms. Mattis for all that you do--- we think you deserve a promotion!

Room Tip: May wish to stay away from the basketball courts if dribbling is a bother to you.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed February 13, 2012

Great for seminars or workshops. Very nice staff who gave excellent customer service. Clean rooms. Wifi service. State of the art fitness facility. Business center with computers and printers. Wonderful (free) breakfast buffet. Four-five chain restaurants conveniently located within walking distance (right acrosse the street) who also deliver. Hotel is located in a pretty area, off the main road. I was more than pleased with my stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Tropicgrl
Reviewed February 7, 2012

So close to an excellent 5 point rating! Only thing that took away was the fact that some of our dishes in our suite had old bits of food on them like they hadn't been thoroughly washed. Other than that, this hotel had everything we were looking for. Very comfortable, quiet, and clean with no big issues. Great front desk service who greeted us well on both our consecutive stays. Location is okay with things in the area, but we were already very familiar with Columbia so no need for us to worry about what was in the vicinity.

If you choose to stay here, you won't regret it! We were absolutely pleased and satisfied with our stay!

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed February 4, 2012

I travel a lot on the account of business. So I frequently stay at Hilton properties, but I hadn't states at a Homewood Suites in a long time. When I arrived I was pleasantly greeted by "Ryan" at the front desk, I briefly spoke with him about the hotel and the area and he was able to provide me if a lot of information about the rooms and the restaurants and the shopping, to be honest he blew my mind, it was like I had "Google" right in front of me. When I came back downstairs later to get dinner (which was very good by the way) the dinner staff greeted me and I made me feel like I was truly at home, I saw my friend Ryan again at the front desk! This Guy was really making me laugh... the next morning I was greeted by a rather soft speaking "June" but he greeted me and was very welcoming as well, all around I had a great time and can't wait to be back!

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed January 16, 2012

This is in response to my July 31st entry. I do not want to give the impression that you should avoid this hotel. It was just one, unexpected experience for my family and me. As I reflect on the experience I realize it still hurts. However after researching other hotels in the area, there are none that compare to it. Hopefully, if I ever return to Columbia, they'll welcome me back with open arms. I just pray to God I won't experience a deja vu.

Mr. Norman... THANKS!

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 14, 2012

Stayed at this Homewood as it was the less expensive Hilton brand choice in the area for that night. The place was clean and quiet. When I came in the young front desk attendant was just finishing eating and check-in was a bit more casual than usual. The room was in the typical Homewood suites layout of kitchen/living area separated from the bedroom/bath by a door. The place seemed tightly packed with furniture and thus cramped. Opening the bedroom door have blocked the path to the bathroom. Otherwise I got a good night sleep and a good breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 29, 2011

I travel quite a bit for business and generally have good experience with Hilton chains. This is one of the best hotel stays I've had in a long time, especially for the price! The front desk staff was extremely friendly. I had a nice room in an upper corner with a nice little kitchen, full sized fridge, small dining table, living area with couch and large flat-screen TV, separate bedroom (with yet another TV), sink area, and separate toilet/bath. Super clean and comfy bed. They even left a couple bottles of water and a package of Milano cookies when I got to my room. Additionally, it was near Christmas and they even had a Holiday card left for me with some of the employee's/manager's signatures written in by hand. Really nice touch!

Within walking, you can find plenty of restaurants, a Trader Joe's, and one of the nicest and fully stocked liquor/beer stores I've ever been to (Perfect Pour). If you like beer, don't miss it! Hotel is only a few minutes from BWI which is a plus.

They also have a complimentary dinner (buffet-style) most nights.

I will definitely stay here again and even go out of my way a little if needed to stay here.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business