“Way below standards Stay away” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Double Points
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Way below standards Stay away”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I am a Hilton gold. this hotel in my opinion is poorly run and for a relatively new hotel is lacking in cleanliness, attention to detail and overall service. upon checkin, while not a big deal I was thanked for being gold. It was after 3 pm and the front desk attendant said met me try to find you a room that is clean. Really? at 3 pm. the parking lot was less than half filled. I get to my room, and the sliding door to the closet is lying on the railing as it was off the track. the floor in the hallway from the front room to the bedroom was soaked. (By the way, I had reserved a mini suite) the sofa, stains. the bed - its the HGI adjustable which are terrible. I went to change the setting and the mattress and cover were disgusting and stained.
these beds are the worst. Get pillow top like other Hampton inn , other Hiltons or other chains. upon leaving, it was 645 AM. the froint desk person was checking emails or doing something on their phone. less than interested in me checking out. I asked for a paper and they sent me down a hall. No papers. went back and she said oh I guess they haven't been delivered yet. Not sure how she didn't know this as there is no one else in the lobby working. am I being picky. for $170 yes, absolutely. I will stay elsewhere next time.

Room Tip: donjt stay here. if you like Hilton, there are other properties near by.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank MBF6288

GALLATIN, TN, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Matthew, Terrance, Jamal were especially helpful during our stay. The hotel was full with a local concert, large private party and local Lacrosse tournament (why my family of five where there). I was struck by the friendliness of the entire staff - from the housekeepers, restaurant/bar staff, and front desk. All of our special requests were handled with pleasant professionalism. We truly felt at home. I travel extensively and am seldom impressed with hotels. This location is obviously very well managed.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Rooms

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

This is a very nice hotel. The rooms are spacious and clean. The room did have a Kuerig coffee maker and a mini fridge. Free WiFi and a nice indoor pool. My only complaint is that breakfast was not included in the room price. They served breakfast until 10:00 AM (11:00 AM on the weekends). The breakfast price was $10.95 which is a bit steep. It's kind of confusing as well. There's yogurt and juice out, is that free or did it come with the price? There are some restaurants and fast food places close to the hotel. I would give this hotel a 5 if they fix the confusing breakfast situation or include it in the price of the room. Very comfortable stay. I would come back here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

very nice hotel and people are like family and wonderful friends. very very clean and fun place to spend your time on vacation and extended stay. My husband and I decided to do a mini getaway from the kids for the weekend. Love the hotel

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hewlett, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

2 strikes right off the bat. As a HHS member I have standing request in my profile, none were met upon check-in even after front desk confirmed it was in my profile. Got to our room late evening and found out TV not working. Told mechanic gone for day, finally had to change room. Room still had old fashioned thermostat. Starting to show wear.

Stayed July 2014
Midland, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

My girlfriends and I stayed at this hotel when we were in the Baltimore area for a wedding. The rooms were comfortable and spacious, the staff, particularly Susann, Chrystal, and Matthew,were so nice and fun and really bent over backwards to make our stay wonderful. The dining area and bar were very nice - we ate breakfast 2 or 3 times, and had buffalo wings one evening as a snack (the hamburgers looked amazing!). We met some very interesting folks at the bar, too! Housekeeping had a couple of glitches (one of our rooms did not get cleaned twice!), but otherwise everything was great. Thanks for a delightful stay!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

We visited the hotel for one night since it is close to family in the area. The room was nice and the bed was comfortable. The room did have a kuerig coffee maker and a mini fridge. The room was very clean and well appointed. We took advantage of the spa and it worked well. My only complaint is that breakfast was not included in the room price. They served breakfast until 100:00 AM and then did not offer any other restaurant services. The breakfast price was $10.95 which is a bit steep for coffee and cereal. There are some restaurants and fast food places close to the hotel. We might go back, but will check other hotels in the area for comparison first.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbia
DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia
#2 of 12 in Columbia
4.5 of 5 stars 312 reviews
Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel
Courtyard by Marriott Columbia

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Columbia? Share your experiences!